+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit refusal

Victor2016

Mar 11, 2016
Hey.

I applied for my Canadian study permit on 11th February and got refusal by 2nd March. The reasons listed were as follows:
~ I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course you intend to pursue.
~ You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. I considered several factors:
+ Travel history
+ Length of proposed stay.
+ Purpose of visit.
+ Personal assets and financial status.

I am really disappointed about this as I applied for May 2016 intake and got accepted already. I have to re-apply as soon as possible if I want to make it in time but I can not re-apply without knowing how to correct those reasons. I will give some background information about myself.

I finished my a-levels mid last year and got good grades (lowest was B). I applied for a college in Toronto and got an offer of admission stating I was accepted and all necessary details about my course duration, start and completion dates etc. I paid the fees for the first semester and attached these documents with my visa application. Also I am being sponsored by my uncle. He wrote a letter saying he will cover all my costs (tuition and living expenses) and that I am his nephew. He also attached all supporting documents to show he is the owner of a business firm and bank statements showing 3 months history. Also he got a letter from his bank stating he is intending to support me throughout my studies. He had 2 bank statements attached, one was a $ account showing 500$ as the final balance but movement of over 100,000$ in the past 3 months and the other was a local currency account showing final balance equivalent to 30,000$. I do not have any personal assets in my name nor a bank account and I have not traveled outside my country.

If anyone has any advice on how I can correct any of those reasons, I would be very grateful.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
It is difficult to change the mind of VO. If it was your parents sponsoring it would have been a different case. I understand your pain. Try to apply for an Education Loan, Process the loan and your uncle can provide the guarantee.

Try to show some assets under your parents name.

Regards,
Anuj

Victor2016

Mar 11, 2016
Thank you for the advice Anuj. I will put documents showing my parents' assets. Any other document I should include? Should I write a cover letter/letter of explanation regarding why I was refused a visa the first time?

raka1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Victor2016 said:
Hey.

I applied for my Canadian study permit on 11th February and got refusal by 2nd March. The reasons listed were as follows:
~ I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course you intend to pursue.
~ You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. I considered several factors:
+ Travel history
+ Length of proposed stay.
+ Purpose of visit.
+ Personal assets and financial status.

I am really disappointed about this as I applied for May 2016 intake and got accepted already. I have to re-apply as soon as possible if I want to make it in time but I can not re-apply without knowing how to correct those reasons. I will give some background information about myself.

I finished my a-levels mid last year and got good grades (lowest was B). I applied for a college in Toronto and got an offer of admission stating I was accepted and all necessary details about my course duration, start and completion dates etc. I paid the fees for the first semester and attached these documents with my visa application. Also I am being sponsored by my uncle. He wrote a letter saying he will cover all my costs (tuition and living expenses) and that I am his nephew. He also attached all supporting documents to show he is the owner of a business firm and bank statements showing 3 months history. Also he got a letter from his bank stating he is intending to support me throughout my studies. He had 2 bank statements attached, one was a $ account showing 500$ as the final balance but movement of over 100,000$ in the past 3 months and the other was a local currency account showing final balance equivalent to 30,000$. I do not have any personal assets in my name nor a bank account and I have not traveled outside my country.

If anyone has any advice on how I can correct any of those reasons, I would be very grateful.
even your uncle's financial position is not to good to sponsor. because u need to show equivalent to full course x 2.5

Adam0220

Jun 27, 2016
VO IS NOT A NIGERIA YOU DON'T NEED TO SHOW A LOT OF MONEY TO GO TO COLLEGE IN CANADA.IF YOU NEED HELP CALL ME 0905850475