+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal

raheely2k

Dec 28, 2014
Hello,

My name is Raheel. I am a Pakistani national but living in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia since 2012 . After my A' levels I decided to move here with my uncle, CEO of a holding company. You can say I wasn't ready for my studies, needed some wider exposure to analyze which career I want to pursue and can be good at. I worked at my uncle's company for two years in the finance department.

Now that I decided what career I want to go towards, seeing the reputation and recognition of graduates from Canadian colleges, thought of applying there. Luckily I got acceptance from a college too. Which together with other documents necessary to get the study permit , submitted in the Visa Application Centre along with processing fees.
My visa was refused. Because the visa officer wasn't satisfied due to following reasons:
i) travel history
ii) Immigration status
iii) my current employment situation.

They weren't convinced. What I wanted to ask, if I end my residence permit here in KSA, move back to Karachi for good, if I apply again for the study permit would there be any chances that they approve it? Will I get the visa that way?

Thing is, I can't afford to lose any more time, this is about my education/career. Haven't thought of applying to any other country yet. I still want to apply again and convince the visa officer that my intention is purely education. Please help anyone! :(

Anna27

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Raheel

I am also a Pakistani national residing in Jeddah (I was born and raised here). I wanted to apply from Karachi but the consultant there told me that I should apply from Jeddah as all of my education (School + BSc) is from Jeddah. I applied on Dec 1 and still didn't receive any reply. When did you submitted your application?

Maybe you can do the following.
1: Talk to some consultant from Pakistan.
2: Take a few month break from Employment
3: Travel to Pakistan and apply from there

raheely2k

Dec 28, 2014
Hey Anna,

I applied on 9th December. What I've learned is they get done with the refusals first and the applications which are going to be accepted take longer, so my guess is most probably you will get your visa in few days.

Your consultant was right, since you were born and raised here your iqama status must be defining you as a student. Mine is a whole different case, moved here on a working status.

I have planned the same, move back to Karachi and apply from there.

Thank you for your response! Hope you'll get your permit soon. Good luck!

shahab01

Dec 30, 2014
Hello All, My application has been refused 3 times for study permit I have submitted my tuition fee in advance through western union now how can I withdraw my money back any help will be appreciated.

Thanks