+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal unfounded, please advice :(

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I have a query I was in canada I enrolled in a public college but couldn’t complete the program and then got enrolled in a private college for points my study permit extension got rejected but my exams were finished so will it create any problem
Why was your extension refused? Did you have gaps in your studies?

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
N
i would rather taking them again and graduate. switching at the end of your program will rise concerns to VO and that will effect ur pgwp application
No I couldn’t apply because I didn’t complete the program I enrolled in a private college just for points

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Problem as in the course completion was 25th sept that is the graduation day so will i be rejected for points in express entry
I am confused because you are mixing up tenses. You have completed your course or not because you say ”was 25th September.” last year. When did your visa expire? Did you not notify IRCC that you changed schools? are you in Canada?

Reactions: Simba112

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Because I couldn’t complete the program that’s why it got refused the public college one
I follow your thread and I see everyone is throwing questions, can you take a moment to write a little bit more detailed of your situation, so people can comment?

1. You did not complete your studies and you enrolled in private school... then apply for extension of your study permit and got refused?
2. Reasons of refusal is you did not complete your studies?
3. You mention about points for EE, what do you mean by that?

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Because I couldn’t complete the program that’s why it got refused the public college one
Your responses are confusing. You don't need different SPs to attend public/private college. You get only one SP to attend school in Canada, period. Is your private college approved DLI? Did you stop studying (or was part time) for at least one semester during your studies?

Post here the EXACT content of your refusal letter so that we understand what exactly you are faced with.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Your responses are confusing. You don't need different SPs to attend public/private college. You get only one SP to attend school in Canada, period. Is your private college approved DLI? Did you stop studying (or was part time) for at least one semester during your studies?

Post here the EXACT content of your refusal letter so that we understand what exactly you are faced with.
It is confusing.... I thought only I got confused...

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
S
I am confused because you are mixing up tenses. You have completed your course or not because you say ”was 25th September.” last year. When did your visa expire? Did you not notify IRCC that you changed schools? are you in Canada?
My final exams got over in august 2020 course graduation day was sept 25th 2020
Study permit rejected 1st sept 2020
But the college gave me the graduation letter saying the final exams were over in august

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017

My college is dli approved and it was a full time course

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
can u just briefly write your entire journey so far since the day u got your sp ? so we can understand your entire situation

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
Are you intentionally avoiding the questions regarding gaps in studies..?
So I’ll tell you i was in 3 college starting January 2019 couldn’t complete the course
Got enrolled into different course in may 2019 couldn’t complete that too
sept 2019 got enrolled but couldn’t complete that
January 2020 started with this private college and it the letter it stated as 25th sept 2020 as course completion study permit rejected on 1st sept but exams were over in august 2020 ,25th sept the college told me it was the graduation day

• Wow

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
So I’ll tell you i was in 3 college starting January 2019 couldn’t complete the course
January 2020 started with this private college and it the letter it stated as 25th sept 2020 as course completion study permit rejected on 1st sept but exams were over in august 2020 ,25th sept the college told me it was the graduation day
u wot

• Haha

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You simply failed in three different colleges and you are in opinion that your extension refusal is unfounded??? Reasons of your refusal is you failed to maintain conditions of your study permit, that's first and second there is a gap enough to be considered as violations

you failed in Jan 2019
Enrolled another college in May 2019 ( that's over 150days gap )
then May 2019 to Sep 2019
then Sep 2019 to Jan 2020.......

As it seems you are out of status, you either apply for restoration which is unlikely they will grant that or leave Canada

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
You simply failed in three different colleges and you are in opinion that your extension refusal is unfounded??? Reasons of your refusal is you failed to maintain conditions of your study permit, that's first and second there is a gap enough to be considered as violations

you failed in Jan 2019
Enrolled another college in May 2019 ( that's over 150days gap )
then May 2019 to Sep 2019
then Sep 2019 to Jan 2020.......

As it seems you are out of status, you either apply for restoration which is unlikely they will grant that or leave Canada
I applied for restoration but left in February 2021 my main point is will I get points in express entry under Canadian education or no