+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit query

Rocker117

Aug 28, 2014
Hi All,
Need your help on understanding. I am on visitors visa in canada with my wife. Visited one of public funded college since i was planning for higher studies :

SSC 51% year 1998HSC 64 % Year 2000Bcom 60% Year 2003Ielts : 6.5 Work exp : 10 years with MNC company

I liked one of 2yr course ( GBM ) also will give me 3yrs work permit.My queries

:1) If i apply study visa from inside canada that is better or shall i go back and apply from my home country india ?

2) I was planning to open my Ac at canadian bank here than show funds here , is that ok ? Pls suggest Good bank if you can.

...3) Is that ok if i deposit cash in the newly open bank A/c, which i got it when i came to canada on visit visa , i am holding 5k CAD. rest i will transfer from my bank acc in india and few thousands my sister will fund, what should be approx balance for study permit. We have around 30k $ .
I am going to stay with my sister ( She is PR in canada ) who will issue a letter stating she will take care of my food and accommodation.

4) GBM 2yrs course is ok to get study permit as I hv seen many cases with rejection stating course mismatch . Also If I aaply for my wife's open work permit togather thats is ok if not pls guide some options.

I have property and car on my name in india which I can submit as ties in my home country

Request your guidance...Thank you !!!