+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit online apps--can we even be sure where it is being processed?

52sark

Mar 2, 2013
Hello, I am a foreign student in US, currently applying for the study permit within the US. I don't need TRV, med exam, anything, so I just applied online on July 2nd. I have been staunchly believing that it would be processed in LA, so that the strike wouldn't affect it, but I realized I never actually specified where it should be processed. I went through the checklist generator, my application documents--nothing actually says 'Los Angeles'. I did specify "I'm applying from the US" on the first page of the main application, so I am hoping unless they are willing to pay for the extra postage it will be automatically directed to LA, but I realized I couldn't ever be sure until the permit comes out.

If the application went instead to Manila based on my citizenship, which the strike is affecting, I think I should be worried and notify my school. Would anyone have any insight about this? If you applied to the LA consulate online, how can you be sure that it actually went to LA?

Thanks.

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
52sark said:
Hello, I am a foreign student in US, currently applying for the study permit within the US. I don't need TRV, med exam, anything, so I just applied online on July 2nd. I have been staunchly believing that it would be processed in LA, so that the strike wouldn't affect it, but I realized I never actually specified where it should be processed. I went through the checklist generator, my application documents--nothing actually says 'Los Angeles'. I did specify "I'm applying from the US" on the first page of the main application, so I am hoping unless they are willing to pay for the extra postage it will be automatically directed to LA, but I realized I couldn't ever be sure until the permit comes out.

If the application went instead to Manila based on my citizenship, which the strike is affecting, I think I should be worried and notify my school. Would anyone have any insight about this? If you applied to the LA consulate online, how can you be sure that it actually went to LA?

Thanks.

It is processed based on your residence not citizenship. But at this point, regardless of where that is, you should expect a significant delay.