+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit - Non SPP category

himdomadiya2001

Jun 23, 2015
debrupdutta said:
I am going for
I am going to Queen's University...which category is that??? I have not opted for any bank loan..nor any GIC...nothing...just uploaded minimal documents and my visa got procesed withinh 4 days..they asked for my passport.... hoping to get back by tomorrow...

I am all confused with these classifications... :(
Dear, u r in university category and for that gic is only requirement. So relax...all is fine .....hopefully u will get visa.....cheers....
If u want to confirm that just go to Canadainternational.ca
U will get ur answer.....

himdomadiya2001

Jun 23, 2015
APPLICATION FOR PROSPECTIVE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
APPLICATION FOR A STUDY PERMIT – UNIVERSITY CHECKLIST
 Complete and place this checklist on top of your application. Any document not in English
or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
 Failure to submit all required documentation may result in the refusal of your application
or delay processing.
 False statements or submission of fraudulent documents will result in immediate refusal.
 After submission of all required documents you may be required to attend an interview.
 A medical exam will be required for study program exceeding 6 months. University
applicants can undergo Up-Front Medical examinations, per instructions below.
 Any preparations you make, such as paying administration or tuition fees, are done
entirely at your own risk.
 Do not finalize travel plans unless you have received a visa from the Canadian High
Commission to India in New Delhi, or the Consulate General of Canada in Chandigarh.
 We strongly recommend that you submit your application at least three months
ahead of your proposed date of travel. Applications that are received after 01
April for May entry, after 01 August for September entry and after 01 December
for January entry will not normally be processed in time for the start of classes
and will likely be refused.
 If you intend to undergo a pre-application medical examination, please follow the
instructions below.
 When submitting your completed and signed application form, be sure to include the last
page (page 5 of 5) that will contain your data in barcodes in 02 copies.
PRE-APPLICATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION – UNIVERSITY
 Students applying to Canadian Universities may have their medical examination before
submitting their Study Permit application by visiting one of the Designated Medical
Practitioners (DMP) in India.
 It is not mandatory to complete a medical examination prior to submission of your
application. However, doing so may result in faster processing. Medical results are valid
for one year. Do not undergo a subsequent medical examination if you had one in the last
year.
 After completion of your medical examination, the DMP will provide you with one copy of
your medical examination form. This form must be submitted together with your Study
Permit application.
 PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL ONE WEEK AFTER YOUR MEDICAL
EXAMINATION IS COMPLETED.
 Submission of this form does not guarantee approval of your application. Do not make
any commitments until your Study Permit application has been approved. All costs for the
medical examination are payable by the applicant and non-refundable. You must submit
your application at the visa office responsible for your area of residence. Failure to do so
will result in multiple delays due to the necessity of file transfer.
APPLICATION FOR A STUDY PERMIT – UNIVERSITY CHECKLIST
You MUST submit the following: √
University Checklist –Attach THIS checklist as a cover sheet to your application
Student Questionnaire (leaving no gaps).
Original, valid passport for yourself and each family member requesting a visa, as
well as a photocopy of the bio data page.
Two photographs meeting the photograph specifications with a white background
for yourself and each family member requesting a visa. The photographs should have
your name printed on the back, be dated and taken in the past 6 months.
Letter of Acceptance from your prospective University in Canada stating unconditional
admission, course title, duration of study, level of study, start date (multiple start dates, if
applicable) and latest possible date of admission.
The following documents are STRONGLY recommended: √
IELTS test results taken within last 24 months
Photocopy of the most recent diploma or leaving certificate, and most recent mark
sheets (for entire program; consolidated mark sheets are NOT acceptable)
Copy of medical examination form IMM1017 if you opted to undergo a medical examination
before submitting your application.
PREFERRED OPTION for proof of funds: Evidence of purchase of a special Guaranteed
Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution, in the
amount of $10,000 CAD to cover living expenses for your first year in Canada and evidence
of payment for your tuition. See information on the following page for information on how to
obtain a GIC.
As an alternate option, you can fulfill the financial requirement by submitting a copy of the
receipt for your tuition fee) AND a copy of an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered
Bank equivalent to $10 000 CAD. See information on the following page for the list of
acceptable banks.
Copy of receipts for payment provided by the University.
Declaration: All documents checked are included. I attest to the truthfulness of the documents
and information included in this application. Misrepresentation of any material fact will lead to
my being refused and being found inadmissible to Canada for a period of 2 years.
Applicant Name: ______________________ Signature: __________________

canadian_chacha

Jun 29, 2015
@debrupdutta could you tell more about the quantum of funds you gave proof for.

and confirm that neither did u get a GIC OR BANK LOAN.

and what program are you going for and did you receive any scholarship

zammy123

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
canadian_chacha said:
@ debrupdutta could you tell more about the quantum of funds you gave proof for.

I answer your questions.
Funds i showed is FDR Of 15 lacs that is nearly 6 month old
No Gic or bank loan
No scholarships
Visa gile on 16 june and approved on 26 june under university category.
I m going to Dalhousie University.
I hope i answered all your questions.
Feel free to ask more.
Cheers

canadian_chacha

Jun 29, 2015
Thanks a ton @zammy123
a few more questions
was the FDR was in your name?

what course have u got admission into?

have you shown any relatives in canada?

and where did u file ur application online or paper based?

zammy123

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
canadian_chacha said:
Thanks a ton @ zammy123
a few more questions
was the FDR was in your name?

what course have u got admission into?

have you shown any relatives in canada?

and where did u file ur application online or paper based?
Sure i answer your questions.
Yes FDR was on my name.
I got admission in MEng. INTERNETWORKING at Dalhousie University.
No relatives in canada.
I applied paper based from vfs pune file processed at visa office Banglore.
Anything else u can pm me
Cheers

debrupdutta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
canadian_chacha said:
@ debrupdutta could you tell more about the quantum of funds you gave proof for.

The amount I showed is quite more than what is required, had to because of funds in my father's account is of such division. I guess around C$30k -C$35k is good enough.. but yes I showed only liquid money...my father is sponsoring me and so I did not opt for any bank loan....about GIC..I had no idea when I submitted my visa application...and still have only a little idea....but my visa got processed in 4 days..so i guess its not necessary....ignorance is bliss :p :p .......

I am going to Queen's univ..master of engineering....no scholarship is provided in MEng..........

Nishant Patel

Jun 30, 2015
Hello guys. I have applied for Canadian Student Visa on June 16th through VFS Ahmedabad. It is a non SPP file. I have a query. When i track my application through vfsglobal.ca i am told that my application is being processed in Bangalore. But i also got sent an email saying my file has been forwarded to Dehli on June 16 (the day i applied). It that normal or what?
Also, i showed an annual income of 400,000 of my mum, a FD of 945,000 that is 1 and a half month old and is expiring on July 15 and an Educational loan of 850,000. Paid my first sem fees through my savings account. Is all that ok or can it cause problems?

debrupdutta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Nishant Patel said:
Hello guys. I have applied for Canadian Student Visa on June 16th through VFS Ahmedabad. It is a non SPP file. I have a query. When i track my application through vfsglobal.ca i am told that my application is being processed in Bangalore. But i also got sent an email saying my file has been forwarded to Dehli on June 16 (the day i applied). It that normal or what?
Also, i showed an annual income of 400,000 of my mum, a FD of 945,000 that is 1 and a half month old and is expiring on July 15 and an Educational loan of 850,000. Paid my first sem fees through my savings account. Is all that ok or can it cause problems?

yes..that is enough funds to show for your financial strength...make sure you arrange them properly....and about the delhi/bangalore thing...no idea....

Nishant Patel

Jun 30, 2015
debrupdutta said:
yes..that is enough funds to show for your financial strength...make sure you arrange them properly....and about the delhi/bangalore thing...no idea....
Thanks for the reply! Oh that's alright. Thanks though!

Nishant Patel

Jun 30, 2015
How long does the Bangalore Office take to process non SPP files? I mean, do they ever take the same time to process as SPP files?

debrupdutta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Nishant Patel said:
How long does the Bangalore Office take to process non SPP files? I mean, do they ever take the same time to process as SPP files?
I applied on my own (university-queens)..no idea what category that is..but surely not spp...got processed in 4 days....general time mentioned in cic is 21 days....delhi office...

Nishant Patel

Jun 30, 2015
debrupdutta said:
I applied on my own (university-queens)..no idea what category that is..but surely not spp...got processed in 4 days....general time mentioned in cic is 21 days....delhi office...
I applied through an agent. Just got an email today saying my visa is approved! Tomorrow will be the 21st day since i applied.

debrupdutta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Nishant Patel said:
I applied through an agent. Just got an email today saying my visa is approved! Tomorrow will be the 21st day since i applied.
congrats.. :D :D... naach basanti naach.. :p :p !!