+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit might be rejected

chrisierosh

Feb 16, 2013
45 days! hmm :( its really tough to get pr with dis post graduation certificate as it give oly 8 months of pg work permit and all dese stuff like 45 days goin for the permit!!! is making me more n more tensed... anyways i have no option now other than taking a chance and to go with postgraduation certificate.. thank god for saskatchewan provincial nominee.. i can work in other field also other than my field to get those 1920 hours.. thats my only saviour for now..
can u please tell me whats the difference between a proper pr and the pr through provincial nominee? which takes longer? and is there a pr guarantee with the provincial nominee?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

chrisierosh said:
45 days! hmm :( its really tough to get pr with dis post graduation certificate as it give oly 8 months of pg work permit and all dese stuff like 45 days goin for the permit!!! is making me more n more tensed... anyways i have no option now other than taking a chance and to go with postgraduation certificate.. thank god for saskatchewan provincial nominee.. i can work in other field also other than my field to get those 1920 hours.. thats my only saviour for now..
can u please tell me whats the difference between a proper pr and the pr through provincial nominee? which takes longer? and is there a pr guarantee with the provincial nominee?

1. PR application is pending and PGWP is set to expire soon? Apply for 'Bridging Open Work Permit' to stay in Canada if;

: your status on PGWP going to expire within 4 months,
: you have received a 'positive eligibility decision' on your PR application under PNP, CEC.

chrisierosh

Feb 16, 2013
1. PR application is pending and PGWP is set to expire soon? Apply for 'Bridging Open Work Permit' to stay in Canada if;

: your status on PGWP going to expire within 4 months,
: you have received a 'positive eligibility decision' on your PR application under PNP, CEC.

sorry to bother you again ;) but, in the 8 months of post graduation work permit i wont be able to finish those 1920 hours(iyr of full tym work der), for me to apply for the provincial nominee program.. can u please tell me what are my options after i finish dose eight months? can i extend my visa or should i come back to india and apply again for a work permit or can i apply for a temporary visa? ... please help :) :) :)

chrisierosh

Feb 16, 2013
under the bridging open work permit its given that people who are eligible for PNP can apply for it... but i wont be able to apply as my 8 month post graduation work permit wont give me adequate time to find and to work for 1920 hours... what shall i do then, when my post gradution work permit is goin to expire and i am not eligible to apply for PNP?.... :'(

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

chrisierosh said:
under the bridging open work permit its given that people who are eligible for PNP can apply for it... but i wont be able to apply as my 8 month post graduation work permit wont give me adequate time to find and to work for 1920 hours... what shall i do then, when my post gradution work permit is goin to expire and i am not eligible to apply for PNP?.... :'(

1. You can try under BC PNP, no work experience (international students) is required.

luke11

Dec 9, 2012
To enfiled,

I am not eligible to send you a personal message through this forum. Hope you read this thread :)
My case was perfectly solved. I got my PGWP a month ago, and I realized that I should have explained my situation honestly on the first application. The arrest record wasn't the problem, because I've never convicted with an offense. I was "Charged" with an offense and the Crown stayed my case before trial; that means I was not guilty and my case would be dismissed after 1year. Also, my lawyer said I won't have a criminal record so I answered " No" to the question: Have you ever been charged or convicted with a offense. It was considered as a "misrepresentation" and for that reason, my application was rejected.

Fortunately, a nice visa officer gave me a chance to re-apply and I explained everything about the situation on the second application form (Dec 6, 2012). It took a while to get a response from the visa office, because the visa office should review my case more in depth and it is hard to change the first decision without proven mistake on visa office's side.

I called helpline almost everyday and on January 8th, 2013 I was told that my application was transferred to a special processing centre for further investigation. Sigh... I was hopeless and desperate.

On January 16th, 2013, Another nice office sent me a request to submit a final transcript ( I submitted letter of graduation already though). It was a good sign :) and I attached the final transcript right away.

On January 18th, 2013, I called the helpline again and a representative said " Congratulation! your work permit has been approved!"

I learned that " be honest & truthful" in answering all questions on the application form. I did not intend to hide my arrest history though, it was better off to mention about every tiny things for being super honest!

If you want to know more about my case, just message me with your email address.
Thank you

chrisierosh

Feb 16, 2013
yes, but i will have to do masters/phD in BC.. for now i am applying for graduate certificate (masters in my field is around two years and the cost is too much) n to apply for masters most of the colleges are closed for the fall intake 2013. but thanks a lot for the help :) god bless u .. :)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

chrisierosh said:
yes, but i will have to do masters/phD in BC.. for now i am applying for graduate certificate (masters in my field is around two years and the cost is too much) n to apply for masters most of the colleges are closed for the fall intake 2013. but thanks a lot for the help :) god bless u .. :)

1. You can apply under BC PNP even with a basic diploma and there is no work experience requirement for international students.