+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit might be rejected

Infernus

Dec 25, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am a student from Bangalore, India. I'd applied for a study permit to do my flight training in Steinbach, Canada on Nov 18, 2011. 3 days back I got a letter from Canadian High Commission, New Delhi in which the Immigration Officer stated that he was not satisfied with my application and specifically with the authenticity of my educational certificates.

I am an engineering graduate. With my application I had enclosed my Provisional Degree certificate( Temporary degree certificate) which is a 100% legit document. I haven't got my Convocation Degree certificate( the actual degree certificate) from the university yet. Is this why the Immigration Officer doubts the degree certificate's authenticity? Many of my friends who apply for Visa to Canada and other countries show Provisional degree certificate as a proof of their graduation until they receive the original one and they get it cleared from Visa authorities.
I'd also given my matriculation marks card in addition to the degree certificate.

Also, at the end of the letter the Immigration officer has informed that he will afford me 30 days to reply to the letter and explain my case or else my Visa will be rejected.
With my response letter, I am enclosing the same Provisional degree but now I have got it attested from my college principal. In addition to that I have also enclosed attested transcripts of all the semesters of my engineering course.

The real question is, will my response along with additional documentary proof make any difference to my case? Or is my application is in waiting to be rejected?

Thank you.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Study permit might br rejected

Hi,

If you fail to comply within 30 days, a decision will be made on your case based on the information available.

1. Get attestation of provisional Degree certificate by the University's Registrar office.

2. Why transcript, submit only photocopy of your individual marksheets.

Are you sure if it's only about your degree certificates/mark sheets, what about your LOA? Is it a recognized course in flight training?

Infernus

Dec 25, 2011

Hi enfield,

Thanks for replying.

I don't think there is any problem with LOA because it is a recognized flight training school and course.

The Provisional degree certificate is attested by the principal of the institution that I graduated from, is this not enough? Is the attestation of Registrar on PDC absolutely necessary? I ask this because it takes a lot of time for me to get it done.

Thanks.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Infernus said:
Hi enfield,

Thanks for replying.

I don't think there is any problem with LOA because it is a recognized flight training school and course.

The Provisional degree certificate is attested by the principal of the institution that I graduated from, is this not enough? Is the attestation of Registrar on PDC absolutely necessary? I ask this because it takes a lot of time for me to get it done.

Thanks.
Hi,

1. Who holds the authority to issue your Provisional Degree Certificate?

'College Principal or Registrar of the University'

so why take risk with your visa application?

Infernus

Dec 25, 2011
Hi enfield,

Thanks for the clarification.

Is it enough if I get only the Provisional degree certificate attested from the registrar or along with it do I need to get the copies of individual mark sheets attested?

Regarding the LOA. The Immigration officer had doubted the authenticity of educational certificates but he had not mentioned anything about my LOA or the legitimacy of course/flying school. Do you think he had reservations about LOA too?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Infernus said:
Hi enfield,

Thanks for the clarification.

Is it enough if I get only the Provisional degree certificate attested from the registrar or along with it do I need to get the copies of individual mark sheets attested?

Regarding the LOA. The Immigration officer had doubted the authenticity of educational certificates but he had not mentioned anything about my LOA or the legitimacy of course/flying school. Do you think he had reservations about LOA too?
Hi,

1. Get your PDC + Individual mark sheets (not transcript) attested by the Registrar of University.

Generally, it's not required to submit attested individual marksheets, but why take risk?

I do not think if it's about LOA.

chrisierosh

Feb 16, 2013
hi,
i am chris and i too am from blore .. with a provisional degree certificate can u apply for a post graduate work permit in canada?
please do help
i am in a bad state really very confused and i dunno whom to ask.. so i have come here and i ask u enfield.. u seem to be very helpful to others... i am currently in my eighth sem.. and will finish my degree dis april.. i am planning to apply for this fall very soon.. when i asked in my college they told me that they will provide a PDC and also a letter stating that my degree certificate will take longer to come.. and when i asked the people in the office to when exaclty it will come they said it takes more than a year and might ne around 1.5 year.. so here is the problem if it takes more than a year for my degree certificate to come.. i am planning to do a post graduate certificate course which is oly for 8months.. which means i get postgraduate work permit for 8months.. so now when my degree certificate come late.. 1.can i apply for a postgraduation work permit with a PDC? 2.can i work in canada with a PDC, after m done with my education der(8months)? 3.say i worked there for 365days and now i am applying under provincial nominee and my employer aplplys for my pr, during this tym when i will be showing the canadian visa guys my certificates is it mandatory to have the degree certificate or will a PDC (provincial degree certificate) do?
HELP ME :(

adi9771

Aug 4, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
14-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2013.
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013.
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
chrisierosh said:
hi,
i am chris and i too am from blore .. with a provisional degree certificate can u apply for a post graduate work permit in canada?
please do help
i am in a bad state really very confused and i dunno whom to ask.. so i have come here and i ask u enfield.. u seem to be very helpful to others... i am currently in my eighth sem.. and will finish my degree dis april.. i am planning to apply for this fall very soon.. when i asked in my college they told me that they will provide a PDC and also a letter stating that my degree certificate will take longer to come.. and when i asked the people in the office to when exaclty it will come they said it takes more than a year and might ne around 1.5 year.. so here is the problem if it takes more than a year for my degree certificate to come.. i am planning to do a post graduate certificate course which is oly for 8months.. which means i get postgraduate work permit for 8months.. so now when my degree certificate come late.. 1.can i apply for a postgraduation work permit with a PDC? 2.can i work in canada with a PDC, after m done with my education der(8months)? 3.say i worked there for 365days and now i am applying under provincial nominee and my employer aplplys for my pr, during this tym when i will be showing the canadian visa guys my certificates is it mandatory to have the degree certificate or will a PDC (provincial degree certificate) do?
Transcript and PDC will work. so don't worry about your degree certificate.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

chrisierosh said:
hi,
please do help

1. You do not need PDC for a PGWP in Canada, it's totally irrelevant. You will get a PGWP based on your Canadian passing certificate/transcript.
2. For visa application, you can submit a photocopy of a recent marksheet + PDC. No attestation is required.

chrisierosh

Feb 16, 2013
when i apply for postgraduation work permit, in some sites its given 90days before i finish my study permit...
so after i finish my course i can directly go in search of a job or when i apply for a pgworkpermit i will have to wait for a document/ or like licence for me to work there? is that why students have to apply for a pgworkpermit........

adi9771

Aug 4, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
14-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2013.
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013.
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
chrisierosh said:
when i apply for postgraduation work permit, in some sites its given 90days before i finish my study permit...
so after i finish my course i can directly go in search of a job or when i apply for a pgworkpermit i will have to wait for a document/ or like licence for me to work there? is that why students have to apply for a pgworkpermit........
I think you misread. it is within 90 days after finishing your studies.
yes, you require transcripts from the last institution you have attented.

chrisierosh

Feb 16, 2013
so it goes like this 1yr of pg certificate, after i finish my course within 90days i apply for work permit ..
1. how long does it take for the work permit to come?
2. only if the workpermit comes will i be able to apply for a job in canada?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

chrisierosh said:
so it goes like this 1yr of pg certificate, after i finish my course within 90days i apply for work permit ..
1. how long does it take for the work permit to come?
2. only if the workpermit comes will i be able to apply for a job in canada?

1. around 45 days.
2. you can start applying/searching for jobs even before your PGWP comes, but you must not work without it.