+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit ISSUE...what does it mean

Rashique

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Could any one explain what does it means.....on study permit.
they attach study permit with passport and on remarks they mention

THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE ENTRY

What does it mean .....

Rashique

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
its study permit.....issued at the point of entry and stapled with the passport mentioning all details about the permit....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rashique said:
Could any one explain what does it means.....on study permit.
they attach study permit with passport and on remarks they mention

THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE ENTRY

What does it mean .....
It means, that unless you are from a visitor visa exempt country, you require a valid TRV to enter Canada, as well as the study permit. That is unless you only visit the US and St. Pierre et Miquelon.

Rashique

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
THX for reply
But on the passport Temporary resident permit is already pasted.and its for two years and multiple entry...the document which i am talking about stapled on top of it.so what it means now?
can i travel or not?
as per study permit i cant
as per TRP its multiple entry

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rashique said:
THX for reply
But on the passport Temporary resident permit is already pasted.and its for two years and multiple entry...the document which i am talking about stapled on top of it.so what it means now?
can i travel or not?
as per study permit i cant
as per TRP its multiple entry
Hi,

1. Note the difference between TRP (Temporary Resident Permit) and TRV (Temporary Resident Visa). You need a TRV + study permit to enter/re-enter Canada (unless you are from a TRV exempt country and you only visit the US/St. Pierre et Miquelon).

Rashique

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
@ on the passport they paste VISA and the type of Visa is S-1.and its mentioned Multiple Entries.
what is that mean? Is this not a TRV..........Please advice.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rashique said:
@ on the passport they paste VISA and the type of Visa is S-1.and its mentioned Multiple Entries.
what is that mean? Is this not a TRV..........Please advice.
Yes it is a multiple entry TRV.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rashique said:
so it means can travel out and come back in on this....?
Hi,

1. Of course. To re-enter, all you need a; valid passport + valid study permit + valid TRV.

Rashique

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
But cic is saying that we gave u study permit not study visa which means if u want to go home stay there. that's what exactly he replied

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What you are asking has been xplained to you over and over y do you still find it had to understand.
I wanted to post something that i thot wasnt captured but its all there.

Rashique

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
@habil ....I Am concerned about traveling as CIC Told my wife that she cant travel outside Canada which is very surprising for me as we planned a visit to Dubai....Even we could have some emergencies visits so i cant understand why CIC is telling something like that.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rashique said:
@ habil ....I Am concerned about traveling as CIC Told my wife that she cant travel outside Canada which is very surprising for me as we planned a visit to Dubai....Even we could have some emergencies visits so i cant understand why CIC is telling something like that.
Then you need valid TRVs to enter Canada, if you go outside Canada/US/St. Pierre et Miquelon. Pretty simple.

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2013 (Received by CIC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
@Rashique : you are confusing your self with TRV and Study permit.

To travel outside and comeback to Canada u need TRV (Temporary Resident VISA) which is pasted on ur passport. you can travel until it is valid. once it is expired and u still want to travel you can always apply for TRV with in Canada. JUST make sure you don't travel without a valid TRV ! simple as that.