+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Invalid ? EVEN VISA IS APPROVED ?

hmzx7

Jul 12, 2020
Hi Guys! If you have updated the information on your ArriveCan and you don't fly on the date you mentioned there you study permit gets invalid. It is not just because of the medical. In my case flight got cancelled and I had already updated the information on my ArriveCan that I am arriving in canada but as I was not able to fly and did not clear the immigration on that particular date so my visa was invalid. I called the High Commission of Canada and they told me that you need a new stamp otherwise the Border Authorities won't let you in. So I sent my Passport again, they cancelled the Previous stamp which was invalid and issued me a new welcome letter and also a new stamp. Only then I was able to fly. Please call the high commission in your respective countries to confirm that.

• Wow
Reactions: wonderbly

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Hi Guys! If you have updated the information on your ArriveCan and you don't fly on the date you mentioned there you study permit gets invalid. It is not just because of the medical. In my case flight got cancelled and I had already updated the information on my ArriveCan that I am arriving in canada but as I was not able to fly and did not clear the immigration on that particular date so my visa was invalid. I called the High Commission of Canada and they told me that you need a new stamp otherwise the Border Authorities won't let you in. So I sent my Passport again, they cancelled the Previous stamp which was invalid and issued me a new welcome letter and also a new stamp. Only then I was able to fly. Please call the high commission in your respective countries to confirm that.
Bro, that was a misinfo but safer side solution provided by your consulate as the visa is still valid and only the approval letter has invalid status. I was able to travel with the same document and activated at the border. It was purely on the deferred travel and arrivecan app input. It's a new issue and no one has any idea about it before we faced this.

hmzx7

Jul 12, 2020
Bro, that was a misinfo but safer side solution provided by your consulate as the visa is still valid and only the approval letter has invalid status. I was able to travel with the same document and activated at the border. It was purely on the deferred travel and arrivecan app input. It's a new issue and no one has any idea about it before we faced this.
Could be bro. I don't know what is the exact reason but just telling what my story was. Btw you ar ein Canada? Where are you staying?

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Could be bro. I don't know what is the exact reason but just telling what my story was. Btw you ar ein Canada? Where are you staying?
thanks bro. that's right and upfront solution and suggestion. You were very helpful indeed.

Django93

Jun 5, 2020
I guess you were about to fly and updated your details in the arrivecan app but didnt travel. Is it?
Yes........exactly.....I planned to travel on April 24th 2021 but dude to the flight ban couldn't travel......I had filled Arrivecan on April 20th..........the study permit invalid status came on April 25th.....I checked my GCkey recently and saw this issue...........can u help me in this??.....I have raised a webform but there is no response even after 15 days......how can I resolve this??

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Yes........exactly.....I planned to travel on April 24th 2021 but dude to the flight ban couldn't travel......I had filled Arrivecan on April 20th..........the study permit invalid status came on April 25th.....I checked my GCkey recently and saw this issue...........can u help me in this??.....I have raised a webform but there is no response even after 15 days......how can I resolve this??
Nothing to do further. You can travel with valid visa. Study permit will be issued at the border and activated on the same day.

Django93

Jun 5, 2020
Nothing to do further. You can travel with valid visa. Study permit will be issued at the border and activated on the same day.
Are u sure??.......my visa is valid....should I wait for the webform response or should I travel?......also do u know any number by which I can contact IRCC in India??

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Are u sure??.......my visa is valid....should I wait for the webform response or should I travel?......also do u know any number by which I can contact IRCC in India??
It happened to me as well and many others due to travel ban. Ircc won't respond unless if anything changes. I raised tons of forms and spoke to ircc in Canada as well. No issue in travel since visa is valid.

Django93

Jun 5, 2020
It happened to me as well and many others due to travel ban. Ircc won't respond unless if anything changes. I raised tons of forms and spoke to ircc in Canada as well. No issue in travel since visa is valid.
Ohh...okay.....so did u travel with the study permit invalid status in your GCkey?.....what did the border services officer ask you?