+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit information

Pols12345

Apr 26, 2023
Hello guys, i am new here and lost about my visa application.
i have applied for study permit through SDS on 31st march and completed biometric on 4 april.
there has been no update since then, and i am stressing about how long this will take to process the application since my college will be starting from 15th may. The status that is updated there has not been changed since 4 april and i am confused about what might does that mean!?
My application status is like:
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • April 4, 2023 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Please help me to understand whether my application has started reviewing or it means its just in progress.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys, i am new here and lost about my visa application.
i have applied for study permit through SDS on 31st march and completed biometric on 4 april.
there has been no update since then, and i am stressing about how long this will take to process the application since my college will be starting from 15th may. The status that is updated there has not been changed since 4 april and i am confused about what might does that mean!?
My application status is like:
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • April 4, 2023 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Please help me to understand whether my application has started reviewing or it means its just in progress.
Thanks
Your application has yet to start eligibility review. Where do you live because you may need medical? May want to consider deferring.

Pols12345

Apr 26, 2023
Your application has yet to start eligibility review. Where do you live because you may need medical? May want to consider deferring.
I am from india, and my medical has been done already. How would i know whether it got updated on my application.

Pols12345

Apr 26, 2023
My counsellor has said to just wait for some days more , if not than we will ask the university to defer for next session.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am from india, and my medical has been done already. How would i know whether it got updated on my application.
It would state under Medical Results that your medical test results have been received. Right now, it states you do not need a medical but you do.

Pols12345

Apr 26, 2023
I have submitted e medical sheet to my visa application. I think once my profile will start reviewing it will get updated. The e medical has identifier number too.

Apr 26, 2023
One of the reasons why your application might be pending is that IRCC and all government agencies are on strike currently, leading to approval delays

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
Yea, that might be the reason.
Have you checked on the tracker? That will give you a more fair idea about your application because I also have the same thing you have on my gckey but on tracker which was updated on 19th April it’s said my eligibility is done

10yearhopeful

Feb 28, 2023
Just wait, your application will be updated automatically. If you dont get a response on your application by the end of the 1st week then consider deferring your term

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
It would state under Medical Results that your medical test results have been received. Right now, it states you do not need a medical but you do.
Hey Naturgrl. Can I ask you a question please. I applied for my 3rd study permit application on 25th March and on 31st I got BVL then afterwards it’s has been silence I’m quite worried because people normally get their decisions few days after BVL. And also my tracker says Eligibility & biometric is completed but background is in progress. It’s soon almost a month since I got BVL. Do you advice that I should raise a webform?

Pols12345

Apr 26, 2023
Have you checked on the tracker? That will give you a more fair idea about your application because I also have the same thing you have on my gckey but on tracker which was updated on 19th April it’s said my eligibility is done
How to use tracker? Is that available for student visa too!? Cause i have read that it’s available for PR applications and various others but study permit.
Please suggest if i can check it on tracker and how should i can do that!
Thanks!

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
How to use tracker? Is that available for student visa too!? Cause i have read that it’s available for PR applications and various others but study permit.
Please suggest if i can check it on tracker and how should i can do that!
Thanks!
Yes it’s was recently introduced for study visas too.
This is the link to create an account

https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

Make sure you have the email account you used for your visa as they will send a code to it.
let Me know if you are successful and what is written there