+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit got refused in 4 days.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Can Someone please suggest me what to do next? Change the course related to education will work for me?
You've worked as a chemistry teacher for many years so why do you need a certificate in food processing? A master's in chemistry would make the most sense. You need to explain why the course is relevant to your future career prospects back home in Sri Lanka.

Reactions: ayesha_llk2

Raman32

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
My study permit for January 2021 intake was refused on the following grounds.

> based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.

> based on the purpose of your visit.

> based on your personal assets and financial status.

>Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.

Course- postgraduate certificate in Food Safety and quality assurance - Food processing.- Conestoga college

Age-31

Gender-Female

Marital status-Married

Educational qualification: BSc in Biological Sciences(general degree-chemistry major)graduated in 2013.

Work: Chemistry teacher 2014-2019

Chemistry demonstrator from 2020

Primary sponsor-Father

Secondary sponsor-Husband

Fund details- 48000CAD( course fee 15000CAD)

first-semester fee(8000CAD) is paid

I gave the biometrics on the 4th day after applying. Soon after biometrics got updated in profile on the same day, within 2 minutes time from the update, got the study permit refusal.

My husband created an express entry profile in July 2019 and it got expired. My agent says the express entry profile must be the reason for the refusal. Any thoughts? I would be grateful if you could guide me on how to proceed further.
When did you apply?

SaraMkd

Oct 19, 2020
Did someone know how much time it takes to pass this step:
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Did someone know how much time it takes to pass this step:
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
It can take a while but depends on the applicant. Your eligibility review is a big part of the application as it concerns your funding, ties to home, choice of program, etc. It is about whether you are a genuine/bona fide student.

Reactions: azzamkc

SaraMkd

Oct 19, 2020
Mine is there for 5 days
It can take a while but depends on the applicant. Your eligibility review is a big part of the application as it concerns your funding, ties to home, choice of program, etc. It is about whether you are a genuine/bona fide student.

Am I supposed to recieve the letter for the VM during this step? or it comes befor/after the eligibility review?? Thnx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My study permit for January 2021 intake was refused on the following grounds.

> based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.

> based on the purpose of your visit.

> based on your personal assets and financial status.

>Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.

Course- postgraduate certificate in Food Safety and quality assurance - Food processing.- Conestoga college

Age-31

Gender-Female

Marital status-Married

Educational qualification: BSc in Biological Sciences(general degree-chemistry major)graduated in 2013.

Work: Chemistry teacher 2014-2019

Chemistry demonstrator from 2020

Primary sponsor-Father

Secondary sponsor-Husband

Fund details- 48000CAD( course fee 15000CAD)

first-semester fee(8000CAD) is paid

I gave the biometrics on the 4th day after applying. Soon after biometrics got updated in profile on the same day, within 2 minutes time from the update, got the study permit refusal.

My husband created an express entry profile in July 2019 and it got expired. My agent says the express entry profile must be the reason for the refusal. Any thoughts? I would be grateful if you could guide me on how to proceed further.
Would order GCMS notes. Are your father's funds in a personal account? Imln liquid assets?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I am a 36 yo lawyer.
I am approved to study Paralegal PG at Centennial College.
Just because you were approved doesn't mean it is the same for others. What you are from heavily affects your chances. The criteria for Brazilians is a lot more lax than it is for say Indians or Philippines. Then you have countries like Nigeria/Pakistan where you cannot go wrong with your application at all.

Reactions: primaprime