+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit got refused in 4 days.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
If you wrote a good letter explaining why you would like to change your field of study, you should be ok.
I have already seen economists being approved for gastronomy. My dear friend that was an architect in Brazil was approved to webdesigner. He is living in Toronto right now.
So don’t listen to this 100% sure that you will be denied. No one knows yours reasons or process.

Good luck!
I Agree, there are exceptions but usually these business courses "IBM" and "GBM" are usually refused. If the OP had chosen a course related to finance rather than general management, the Visa will be 100% approved without a doubt.

The course must always be a step forward not backwards. Redundancy is a big red flag for VO's.

Last edited:

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
That is unfortunate. At least you got your refusal right away and did not have to wait for 10 months just to get a refusal like many other people.
I know someone getting approved after 5 refusals, never give up.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: m7md

N.Aham

Oct 18, 2020
My study permit for January 2021 intake was refused on the following grounds.

> based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.

> based on the purpose of your visit.

> based on your personal assets and financial status.

>Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.

Course- postgraduate certificate in Food Safety and quality assurance - Food processing.- Conestoga college

Age-31

Gender-Female

Marital status-Married

Educational qualification: BSc in Biological Sciences(general degree-chemistry major)graduated in 2013.

Work: Chemistry teacher 2014-2019

Chemistry demonstrator from 2020

Primary sponsor-Father

Secondary sponsor-Husband

Fund details- 48000CAD( course fee 15000CAD)

first-semester fee(8000CAD) is paid

I gave the biometrics on the 4th day after applying. Soon after biometrics got updated in profile on the same day, within 2 minutes time from the update, got the study permit refusal.

My husband created an express entry profile in July 2019 and it got expired. My agent says the express entry profile must be the reason for the refusal. Any thoughts? I would be grateful if you could guide me on how to proceed further.
Can Someone please suggest me what to do next? Change the course related to education will work for me?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
My study permit for January 2021 intake was refused on the following grounds.

> based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.

> based on the purpose of your visit.

> based on your personal assets and financial status.

>Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.

Course- postgraduate certificate in Food Safety and quality assurance - Food processing.- Conestoga college

Age-31

Gender-Female

Marital status-Married

Educational qualification: BSc in Biological Sciences(general degree-chemistry major)graduated in 2013.

Work: Chemistry teacher 2014-2019

Chemistry demonstrator from 2020

Primary sponsor-Father

Secondary sponsor-Husband

Fund details- 48000CAD( course fee 15000CAD)

first-semester fee(8000CAD) is paid

I gave the biometrics on the 4th day after applying. Soon after biometrics got updated in profile on the same day, within 2 minutes time from the update, got the study permit refusal.

My husband created an express entry profile in July 2019 and it got expired. My agent says the express entry profile must be the reason for the refusal. Any thoughts? I would be grateful if you could guide me on how to proceed further.
If there is one thing I can say I have learnt from reading the thousands of posts and threads in this forum, it is that a PG certificate / diploma is a sure way to get refusal if you are over 25 years old. Another thing I've come to conclude: this type of diploma is almost always what agents recommend to unsuspecting clients / applicants. The other aspects of an application such as finances, who the sponsor is, nationality, SDS, NON SDS, which visa office ETC.. are secondary factors in the VO's decision making process. The primary reason has always been the infamous PG Certificate / diploma.

Mdurra

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
I Agree, there are exceptions but usually these business courses "IBM" and "GBM" are usually refused. If the OP had chosen a course related to finance rather than general management, the Visa will be 100% approved without a doubt.

The course must always be a step forward not backwards. Redundancy is a big red flag for VO's.
I am a 36 yo lawyer.
I am approved to study Paralegal PG at Centennial College.

Reactions: Ironclad

N.Aham

Oct 18, 2020
If there is one thing I can say I have learnt from reading the thousands of posts and threads in this forum, it is that a PG certificate / diploma is a sure way to get refusal if you are over 25 years old. Another thing I've come to conclude: this type of diploma is almost always what agents recommend to unsuspecting clients / applicants. The other aspects of an application such as finances, who the sponsor is, nationality, SDS, NON SDS, which visa office ETC.. are secondary factors in the VO's decision making process. The primary reason has always been the infamous PG Certificate / diploma.
So what would be the chances of changing the course?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
So what would be the chances of changing the course?
My advice is go for MSc degree from a reputable public university. Show solid finances and preferably the amount should be in your name for a period no less than 4 months. Demonstrate strong home ties (family and assets). Write a short and to the point SOP. Be patient with your application, do it on your own, don't engage agents unnecessarily.

N.Aham

Oct 18, 2020
My advice is go for MSc degree from a reputable public university. Show solid finances and preferably the amount should be in your name for a period no less than 4 months. Demonstrate strong home ties (family and assets). Write a short and to the point SOP. Be patient with your application, do it on your own, don't engage agents unnecessarily.
unfortunately,Due to my general degree, chances for Masters are very limited.