+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit from USA for former H1B

taigabear

Oct 13, 2020
Hi!

I have received my Letter of Introduction for the BCIT ECET Diploma program today. Applied on October 2, 2020. :) Level 1 complete online.
I am wondering what I could do to provide proof of legal presence in the U.S.A. I've been giving my fingerprints with the USCIS and haven't had any income from the US employers (traded stocks online). Applied for B2, which is still pending.
Is there any experience close to my situation?

Thanks!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi!

I have received my Letter of Introduction for the BCIT ECET Diploma program today. Applied on October 2, 2020. :) Level 1 complete online.
I am wondering what I could do to provide proof of legal presence in the U.S.A. I've been giving my fingerprints with the USCIS and haven't had any income from the US employers (traded stocks online). Applied for B2, which is still pending.

Thanks!
I dont think there is requirement for the proof of legal presence apart from travel history and background information you will provided to IRCC during your SP Application. Unless i miss your question

Reactions: taigabear

taigabear

Oct 13, 2020
I dont think there is requirement for the proof of legal presence apart from travel history and background information you will provided to IRCC during your SP Application. Unless i miss your question
Thanks! That's exactly what my question was.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!

Thanks!
The fact that you aren’t applying from your home country will make your application weaker. So do you currently have legal status to remain in the US. Are you legally able to trade stocks to gain income given your lack of WP? Being without status in the US would be a big problem.