Study permit for my children.

kaysystem

Apr 20, 2024
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Lagos
I am an international student in Canada. I want to apply for my three children. I did apply for them as a group in the first application and their visa was refused, can I apply for them individually now under my same account or I should still apply for them as a group?.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am an international student in Canada. I want to apply for my three children. I did apply for them as a group in the first application and their visa was refused, can I apply for them individually now under my same account or I should still apply for them as a group?.
Why didn’t you apply for a visa for them when you did ?
They might be the tie for you to return home after your education is done

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why were their visas refused? When did you apply and when does your permit expire? You apply for each one separately under your account. Show POF for at least 4 people.

kaysystem

Apr 20, 2024
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Lagos
Why didn’t you apply for a visa for them when you did ?
They might be the tie for you to return home after your education is done
I couldn't apply for them when I did because the time was too short and my Husband was around then. and when my husband submitted his own work permit application
he erroneously thought the application he had submitted covered all of them without creating a separate profile for the children.
on noticing this mistake we immediately raised a webform to explain to ircc the honest mistake to which they responded by say I should apply for my children separately.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I couldn't apply for them when I did because the time was too short and my Husband was around then. and when my husband submitted his own work permit application
he erroneously thought the application he had submitted covered all of them without creating a separate profile for the children.
on noticing this mistake we immediately raised a webform to explain to ircc the honest mistake to which they responded by say I should apply for my children separately.
When did you apply for study permit? Apply separately with funds for 5 people.

kaysystem

Apr 20, 2024
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Lagos
Why were their visas refused? When did you apply and when does your permit expire? You apply for each one separately under your account. Show POF for at least 4 people.
Bellow are the reasons given
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
I applied February 2024. I applied for them as a group (family) under my account should I apply for them individually this time instead of as a group?
What should I do now ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Bellow are the reasons given
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
I applied February 2024. I applied for them as a group (family) under my account should I apply for them individually this time instead of as a group?
What should I do now ?
Each must apply for a study permit under your account. Your children were refused because of funds so you must meet POF when you reapply for their study permits. Include your bank statements showing POF for a family of 5 so $43K. You show 4 months of bank statements with that amount in your account. Are you doing a Masters/PhD

kaysystem

Apr 20, 2024
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Lagos
When did you apply for study permit? Apply separately with funds for 5 people.
Applied for them or for myself you mean?. I have been in Canada since September 2023. I applied for my children February this year. Fund for 5 people? It's 3 children not 5 and my program has funding and i am also working . How much do you think i need as proof of fund for the 3 children?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applied for them or for myself you mean?. I have been in Canada since September 2023. I applied for my children February this year. Fund for 5 people? It's 3 children not 5 and my program has funding and i am also working . How much do you think i need as proof of fund for the 3 children?
But you were refused for POF so how much in cash in your bank account did you show when the kids applied with your spouse? You are a family of 5 unless spouse is not coming. You and your spouse are included in POF. You were approved based on funds for one or two people (if spouse applied for work permit and was approved). Working is not POF.

How much in funds did you show for your original application.

Last edited:

kaysystem

Apr 20, 2024
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Lagos
But you were refused for POF so how much in cash in your bank account did you show when the kids applied with your spouse? You are a family of 5 unless spouse is not coming. You and your spouse are included in POF. You were approved based on funds for one or two people (if spouse applied for work permit and was approved). Working is not POF.

How much in funds did you show for your original application.
I submitted for my 3 children application 16000CAD Equivalent at that time, but the currency depreciated and later fell to like 9000CAD equivalent

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I submitted for my 3 children application 16000CAD Equivalent at that time, but the currency depreciated and later fell to like 9000CAD equivalent
You were refused for POF so $16k was not even enough for 5 people under the old study permit rules. Under the system that you may or may not be assessed with funds were a minimum of CAD$10,000 for your first year of living expenses (plus CAD$4000 for an accompanying family member and CAD$3000 per additional member). So you need to show at least $23k. The new POF which IRCC may want to see is $43K.

kaysystem

Apr 20, 2024
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Lagos
You were refused for POF so $16k was not even enough for 5 people under the old study permit rules. Under the system that you may or may not be assessed with funds were a minimum of CAD$10,000 for your first year of living expenses (plus CAD$4000 for an accompanying family member and CAD$3000 per additional member). So you need to show at least $23k. The new POF which IRCC may want to see is $43K.
Thanks for the response, I deeply appreciate. I don't have 43k in my account right now. would they not take into account the fact that I am working now?. would a proof of fund for my husband and my 3 children be enough since I am working?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response, I deeply appreciate. I don't have 43k in my account right now. would they not take into account the fact that I am working now?. would a proof of fund for my husband and my 3 children be enough since I am working?
POF is not future income. You can try but you need to show that 4 people can settle in Canada. How old are children? Will they require childcare? Was your husband approved?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-application.html

Reactions: Buletruck

kaysystem

Apr 20, 2024
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Lagos
My children are 5,8 and 10 years old respectively. My husband work permit visa has already been approved.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My children are 5,8 and 10 years old respectively. My husband work permit visa has already been approved.
So you and husband were approved because you had enough funds for 2 people but not enough for 5. You can reapply with current funds and payslips. If refused for lack of funds, it is because there is not enough cash in the bank. Kids will need before and after school care so show that you have arranged it to strengthen your application.