+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

CelineSly

May 1, 2019
I applied study permit extension last March 18. I received email the my application was transferred to Etobicoke for Processing.

My background: I have an infant child who was born very premature in Canada. He needs to be check and monitor as he was born so early. I didn’t go to school for a yr as I have no family in Canada and I was taking care of my son.

Does anyone have experienced file was being transferred to local office?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I applied study permit extension last March 18. I received email the my application was transferred to Etobicoke for Processing.

My background: I have an infant child who was born very premature in Canada. He needs to be check and monitor as he was born so early. I didn’t go to school for a yr as I have no family in Canada and I was taking care of my son.

Does anyone have experienced file was being transferred to local office?
Transfer to the local office means they have concerns.

When did you get here? How long were you studying? When did you have your child? Did you get authorized leave from your school?

CelineSly

May 1, 2019
Transfer to the local office means they have concerns.

When did you get here? How long were you studying? When did you have your child? Did you get authorized leave from your school?
My consultant said it is possible that it’s really good news.

My son is Canadian, 1 yo. Very premature. He needs to be check by the healthcare professionals.

I arrived Canada September 2017. I did go to school for fall. Then winter intake I withdraw my school as I have had complications in my pregnancy. Delivered my child April which is only 5 months gestation. He was in NICU more than 3 months. I can’t go to school that time as my son needs me in the hospital.

So, I applied for extension December 2018. But I didn’t go to school as no daycare who wants to accept my son.

I applied again March 2019, as I’m planning to go back to school for spring intake.

The consultant told me my situation falls under H&C grounds.

Just wondering if there are students who experienced application being transferred

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My consultant said it is possible that it’s really good news.

My son is Canadian, 1 yo. Very premature. He needs to be check by the healthcare professionals.

I arrived Canada September 2017. I did go to school for fall. Then winter intake I withdraw my school as I have had complications in my pregnancy. Delivered my child April which is only 5 months gestation. He was in NICU more than 3 months. I can’t go to school that time as my son needs me in the hospital.

So, I applied for extension December 2018. But I didn’t go to school as no daycare who wants to accept my son.

I applied again March 2019, as I’m planning to go back to school for spring intake.

The consultant told me my situation falls under H&C grounds.

Just wondering if there are students who experienced application being transferred
It is generally never good news to be be transferred to a local office. Did you get an authorized leave from the school? How did you pay for yours and your child's medical expenses?

CelineSly

May 1, 2019
It is generally never good news to be be transferred to a local office. Did you get an authorized leave from the school? How did you pay for yours and your child's medical expenses?
He is Canadian citizen, he has OHIP.
Yes, the school knows my situation that is why they allowed me to have a break and withdraw my school. I have full/ well documented

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
He is Canadian citizen, he has OHIP.
Yes, the school knows my situation that is why they allowed me to have a break and withdraw my school. I have full/ well documented
Then all you can do is wait and see what IRCC says.