+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension, Working over 20 hrs/week

khaledsameh

Aug 13, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I just recently extended my study permit and it got approved, I applied for extension in July 2023. Since I applied for my first permit before October 2022 I am legally allowed to work full time before it expires. Now that I have a new permit, is it still allowed for me to work full-time after the old permit expires till the date the new permit expires?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Kikoboi

Jul 21, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I just recently extended my study permit and it got approved, I applied for extension in July 2023. Since I applied for my first permit before August 2022 I am legally allowed to work full time before it expires. Now that I have a new permit, is it still allowed for me to work full-time after the old permit expires till the date the new permit expires?

Thank you.l
Technically yes since you renewed it so you are legally allowed to work more than 20 hours.

khaledsameh

Aug 13, 2023
Technically yes since you renewed it so you are legally allowed to work more than 20 hours.
Well, the thing is there is no clear statement on the IRCC website that people who have the same case as me will be able to work full time using their new permit. The main reason why I am asking is because the new study permit was issued after October 2022 (issued in July 2023) so I am not sure if the old law is applicable to it.

Last edited:

Nik2093

Aug 17, 2023
My study permit is expiring in September. I have to attend 1 course as part time to complete my graduation. from may to august i am not enrolled in any course due to course is running in fall semester. i worked full time in these period. will it affect my study permit extension. I was full time in winter semester and part time in fall semester. please help.

Kikoboi

Jul 21, 2019
Well, the thing is there is no clear statement on the IRCC website that people who have the same case as me will be able to work full time using their new permit. The main reason why I am asking is because the new study permit was issued after October 2022 (issued in July 2023) so I am not sure if the old law is applicable to it.
I guess it's best to consult with IRCC directly via webform then.

shajol

Aug 24, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I just recently extended my study permit and it got approved, I applied for extension in July 2023. Since I applied for my first permit before October 2022 I am legally allowed to work full time before it expires. Now that I have a new permit, is it still allowed for me to work full-time after the old permit expires till the date the new permit expires?

Thank you.
Hi, I am just curious about the date you have applied for the extension as we had also applied for the extension on July but still there is no reply from IRCC. We had applied for my wife's SP extension along with my OWP extension on July 8th. please let me know.