+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Submit to Wrong Portal

duminhtai90

Jan 7, 2018
Hi everyone, I mistakenly submitted study permit extension to IRCC Portal instead of IRCC Secure account, and my application got approved, but I haven't received my new study permit yet.
My current study permit expired in December 2023, and I am currently studying in college.
Could you please let me know what i should do to receive my new study permit or correct the issue with wrong portal? Thank youm

Nhiteking

Feb 21, 2024
I applied for an extension and I thought I needed to use the portal aswell, it has been 10 weeks and still no reply, did I do something wrong? How long did it take you to get it approved?
The website says applications inside canada should take approximately 5 weeks but mine has been 10 so im wondering what's going on.

HelloLeo

Jul 22, 2024
Hello! May I know what happened to your applications? I am in the same situation right now. Did you need to submit a new one?

MD1123

May 4, 2024
If your study permit is still valid then use it to apply for an extension again on IRCC secure GCkey and submit a webform to cancel the IRCC portal application. if your study permit has already expired then you have to apply for study permit extension + restoration on IRCC GCkey....afaik the portal application doesn't give you implied status

my study permit had already expired when I realised my mistake so I had to apply for restoration

Reactions: HelloLeo

HelloLeo

Jul 22, 2024
If your study permit is still valid then use it to apply for an extension again on IRCC secure GCkey and submit a webform to cancel the IRCC portal application. if your study permit has already expired then you have to apply for study permit extension + restoration on IRCC GCkey....afaik the portal application doesn't give you implied status

my study permit had already expired when I realised my mistake so I had to apply for restoration
Hi! I appreciate your response. I still have a valid study permit for a few months. It's good that you were able to find a way.
My situation is that, I applied on the IRCC Portal, got my Student Permit approved few days ago but my SOWP got rejected because the new rule kicked in as I am studying a diploma program. I realized it might be due to using the IRCC Portal instead of the IRCC Secure Portal as it is treated as a new application.
I was thinking of this way that you mentioned actually which is to cancel the current one and apply for a new one under IRCC Secure Portal.

Did this advise come from IRCC? I spoke to one of them but they were quite dismissive which is quite sad. The IRCC Portal doesn't give me implied status because it's a totally new application?

alleann02

Aug 6, 2024
Did anyone get there extension approved through the IRCC portal? And never got a formal letter? Just a passport request?

HelloLeo

Jul 22, 2024
Did anyone get there extension approved through the IRCC portal? And never got a formal letter? Just a passport request?
I received a passport request but I will not continue with it anymore. I have submitted a request for withdrawal of study permit application and will apply a sp extension through the ircc secure portal.