+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit extension refused with voluntary departure

shanti55

Sep 29, 2024
Hi,
My study permit extension was refused as per section 221(a) and I also got voluntary departure form. I did everything legal but forgot to submit my transcript and only showed my work experience for financial proof.
I applied for restoration.
I am not working or going to college right now. But i haven't withdrawn from my course.
What will be the implication of not withdrawing my course??
And what options I have with boluntary departure being issued to me?

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi,
My study permit extension was refused as per section 221(a) and I also got voluntary departure form. I did everything legal but forgot to submit my transcript and only showed my work experience for financial proof.
I applied for restoration.
I am not working or going to college right now. But i haven't withdrawn from my course.
What will be the implication of not withdrawing my course??
And what options I have with boluntary departure being issued to me?
Ability to work is not really a way to fund your tuition. The part-time work allowed shouldn't be enough to cover living expenses let alone tuition.

You can request GCMS notes to find out more details but 221 usually applies if you were engaged in unauthorized work/study. If you don't have a study permit, you are (once again) engaging in unauthorized study. Your school will eventually find out and force a withdrawal as they are required to have a valid study permit on file.

With voluntary departure, you either apply for restoration or leave the country. Failed restoration will very likely turn the voluntary departure in to a removal order. Good luck.