+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

saly118

Oct 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all doing well during this challenging Covid-19 era.
To give recent info to all, I would like to share our experience (both I and my spouse) about SP / WP extension as follows.
- Submission date: 10th June 2020
- Update email: 20th July
- Approval: 24th July

All the best for you and yours

lotusss

Jun 22, 2020
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all doing well during this challenging Covid-19 era.
To give recent info to all, I would like to share our experience (both I and my spouse) about SP / WP extension as follows.
- Submission date: 10th June 2020
- Update email: 20th July
- Approval: 24th July

All the best for you and yours
Congrats! But I'd guess you both had biometrics already right?

nomadartist

Jul 26, 2020
Hello everyone.
Does anyone know if those who apply for study permit extension from abroad (united states in my case) get their actual extension mailed to them like those who apply inland? Or an extension from abroad also will only receive a letter of introduction? I am going into my 4th-year od doctoral studies and have had my biometric taken before which is valid for 10 years as well.
Thank you for clarifying this if you have had any experience with this issue before.

User1998

Aug 3, 2020
Hello,
Has anyone who applied between Jan-April and was pending biometrics seen any updates on their application yet?

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
Hello,
Has anyone who applied between Jan-April and was pending biometrics seen any updates on their application yet?
Nope. I personally know around 10 people who are in the same situation (including me) didn't receive any kind of updates.

I was wondering what about people applied in November and December 2019. Did everyone get their approval or some are still waiting?