+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension at canada border

Yakshiben

Jul 12, 2017
If i get study permit approval by next week but than my current study visa on my passport is valid till 31st august so if i get new permit than that old visa will still be valid???? I am returning from india on 30th august one day before my visa expires so will that work too???

m_jethva

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
If i get study permit approval by next week but than my current study visa on my passport is valid till 31st august so if i get new permit than that old visa will still be valid???? I am returning from india on 30th august one day before my visa expires so will that work too???
When you get your study permit apply for the visa with new study permit you will get your visa in maximum 2weeks. Believe me I and my friends got visa in just a week after study permit in canada

Yakshiben

Jul 12, 2017
When you get your study permit apply for the visa with new study permit you will get your visa in maximum 2weeks. Believe me I and my friends got visa in just a week after study permit in canada
But i wont have a week left after that coz my flight is on26thjuly and if i get permit by next week than its not possible that is the reason i was wondering if my old visa remains valid than i am coming one day before itsexpiry

m_jethva

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
No problem it's valid but if flight delay or cancel or any other problem and your visa expired, on the air port , you are not allowed to enter in Canada so they will send yoy back to your home country from the airport. So Its risky!!! Your choice

If you have one day visa left they will allow you to enter Canada that will see your study permit and stamp on the passport. After you can apply for visa.

Yakshiben

Jul 12, 2017
No problem it's valid but if flight delay or cancel or any other problem and your visa expired, on the air port , you are not allowed to enter in Canada so they will send yoy back to your home country from the airport. So Its risky!!! Your choice

If you have one day visa left they will allow you to enter Canada that will see your study permit and stamp on the passport. After you can apply for visa.
Tha k you so much for the information ..i appreciate this...i will better cancel this flight and take a new one atleast 5 days before my visa expiry

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Be patient, I applied May 3rd and it got approved on July 6th and got mailed back to me on July 14th.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Did u received thehardcopy??? How long will it take to get the hardcopy at home
I applied on May 3rd and received the hardcopy on July 14th.Mine got further delayed because it got approved on Friday and Canada Post doesnt operate on weekends,so had to wait until Monday before it got mailed to me.
If yours gets approved on Monday or tuesday there is a high probablity you will receive it Friday.

Yakshiben

Jul 12, 2017
I applied on May 3rd and received the hardcopy on July 14th.Mine got further delayed because it got approved on Friday and Canada Post doesnt operate on weekends,so had to wait until Monday before it got mailed to me.
If yours gets approved on Monday or tuesday there is a high probablity you will receive it Friday.
Thank you so much...this news made me happy..that means that the updates shown on their website while checking application status that they are still working on applications received on april 28th is not correct.

BukolaA

Jan 26, 2023
Hello everyone, please I apply for study permit extension since September 2023 I have not received any response from the immigration officer. I was told I can flagpole but my permit had already expired but I have applied before it expired. Could you please advise?