+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Approved, but no message. Can they change their decision?

vahis20

Apr 20, 2016
Hi guys. I am new to this forum. So if anyone could answer my question, I would appreciate it.
I applied for my Study Permit extension exactly one month ago. Since then I didn't receive any emails from CIC, but I kept constantly logging in MyCIC account just to make sure I didn't miss anything...
Today as usually I logged in and noticed that My application was "Closed" and below under final decision it says "Your application has been approved". Also, it doesn't say "Passed" for any other documents, there is just a blank space there.
Technically I understand that this is a good sign, but I didn't get any email nor any message in myCIC account. It just says approved and that's it and no instructions what to do next....
So my question is - could they make a mistake OR could they change their final decision afterwards?
Thanks!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

vahis20 said:
Hi guys. I am new to this forum. So if anyone could answer my question, I would appreciate it.
I applied for my Study Permit extension exactly one month ago. Since then I didn't receive any emails from CIC, but I kept constantly logging in MyCIC account just to make sure I didn't miss anything...
Today as usually I logged in and noticed that My application was "Closed" and below under final decision it says "Your application has been approved". Also, it doesn't say "Passed" for any other documents, there is just a blank space there.
Technically I understand that this is a good sign, but I didn't get any email nor any message in myCIC account. It just says approved and that's it and no instructions what to do next....
So my question is - could they make a mistake OR could they change their final decision afterwards?
Thanks!

Once approved for extension, you get only that much message. Nothing extra. Wait for mail delivery.

ak688

May 20, 2016
Hey there !

So, my situation is similar to yours. I applied on the 27th of April and I got a 'your application was updated' email 2 days ago. I checked my account today and it says that my application is approved, however, I have not received any email about how and when I will receive my study permit.

Kinda worried about this one.

Can anyone let me know if there are any further notifications that is sent after the application being approved ?