+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

Bimbsss

Sep 23, 2024
Hey guys! Has anyone gotten an approval and applied for study permit extension in June. I applied on the 10th of June and haven’t gotten any update yet? Thanks

paradox101

Sep 23, 2024
Hello guys! Any approval?
still waiting my SP extension + SOWP. Applied May 28,2024.
anyone same case?
thanks!
From what I have seen, the latest update for combined applications has been for March 8. Mine is SP extension + SOWP extension and we applied on April 7, and still waiting. I called IRCC last week and was able to get a hold of an agent and they did mention that it's not just me and that it's not my turn yet. After explaining my situation, I was told they'd put an internal note to speed up the process. I have not received any update after that though.

Ros96

Sep 18, 2024
That’s so bad. I can’t apply for PGWP until get that extension :(
I’ve seen some approvals from applied on March, June and July, but not too much for May.
I hope we can get that soon!

Bibhian

Sep 3, 2024
Update: I got the BVL today. {Applied on March 8 (Study ext + Spouse OWP ext.)}
Congrats! Dear
Just one question, what was the date IRCC gave in the letter to your SOWP when you applied? Was today beyond that date? This would help me a lot to try a timeline to apply for PGWP in an implied status or wait the most we can and get ready to take the proficiency test to apply for PGWP
I have applied SP+SOWP + Children

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Congrats! Dear
Just one question, what was the date IRCC gave in the letter to your SOWP when you applied? Was today beyond that date? This would help me a lot to try a timeline to apply for PGWP in an implied status or wait the most we can and get ready to take the proficiency test to apply for PGWP
I have applied SP+SOWP + Children
Thank you.
Sept 4. Its always 180 days add on, to the date of submission. This is service standard, the date doesn't matter spouse can work until the decision is received.

Reactions: Bibhian

Bibhian

Sep 3, 2024
Thank you.
Sept 4. Its always 180 days add on, to the date of submission. This is service standard, the date doesn't matter spouse can work until the decision is received.
Thank you so much for answering. I know he can continue working, but it’s so sad that in his letter it says Nov 7 so, I assume IRCC expect to give us an answer after that date and I will be late to apply for PGWP, I have to apply before November and be in an implied status. I have no words for this processing time, not even the first time I was waiting for a student visa it took this long
I have finished my program August 9th and already received my Letter of Completion from College Sept 6th. I had to stop working and lost a full time job offer. It’s chaotic and nerve racking
Let’s still have hope for the rest of us that are in the waiting list

Reactions: rmalik2