+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Ext IRestoration

Vinicious22

Aug 26, 2024
I applied for an extension on IRCC Portal on February 23rd and my permit expired on July 19th. I havent received any update from them yet, it is still verifying my background. Everytime I would call IRCC helpline I would ask them is my application good and will I have maintained status after it does expire, they would assure me that I would. They even sent me a mail as a proof that I would be able to work after my permit expires and I will be under maintained status. I came across that if you apply through IRCC portal I wont have the benefits of maintained status.
After calling the ircc helpline they finally said my immigration status is currently ‘Out of Status’ and gave me three options. 1. Leave Canada and apply for a new study permit 2. Apply for study permit extension and restoration 3. Apply for temporary visitor visa After talking to my international advisor and contacting the MP office I decided to apply for restoration and study permit extension through the secure account on august 1st. I was wondering if anyone has applied for study permit extension restoration and how long did it take?

Wahh

Aug 1, 2024
Hi, where are you from?
I am in the same situation, mine is slightly different but very similar. I’ve also applied for extension, on July 31th and haven’t heard back from them yet.
Hopefully I get it approved within the next two weeks.