+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit expiry

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hi,

So, I’ve been living in Canada for 5 years and I am a student who has an established life in Canada such as bank account, SIN, lease for the apartment, all my clothes are there. I can prove that I have established life there by supporting documents. However, my study permit that was issued well before March 18th, 2020 has expired and I’ve gotten a new study permit that was issued after March 18th, 2020. Can I still travel to Canada? I know that it’s only for study permits issued before March, 2020, but I mean I had my study permit at the time but it expired.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You've asked this question multiple times here and you won't get an answer that hasn't been said already. Why? Because there's no precedent for it. Contacting IRCC is your best bet.

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
You've asked this question multiple times here and you won't get an answer that hasn't been said already. Why? Because there's no precedent for it. Contacting IRCC is your best bet.
Hi, I’ve asked another question. The previous one was about not expired study permit. However, this one is about already expired study permit. Yes, I’m well aware about IRCC, however, I cannot call them from outside of Canada. My webform hasn’t been answered for 20 days now.
But, I do see why you could think they are the same questions tho because info of established residency is the same and etc but other posts were about non-expired SP, however, this question is hypothetical about expired SP and new Study permit issued after 18th of March. I’m trying to see if I should go back in winter or in August.

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Is your program going to be online for the fall semester? Do you need to be physically present in Canada to complete your course?

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Is your program going to be online for the fall semester? Do you need to be physically present in Canada to complete your course?
It’s going to be online but I have a lease in Canada that I signed in January 2020, I also have all my clothes in Canada, basically everything I have is there.