+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Delay (NON SDS)

AnasCanada

Sep 5, 2024
I applied for the study permit (through a lawyer based in canada) on the 24th of April for the Fall Intake but had to defer to Jan Intake (for context this is my second time applying first time was in oct 2023). Below is my timeline

Application Status: We are processing your application
Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprint (gave it upfront)
Background Check: We are processing your background check.
Final Decision: Your application is in progress.

and the only messages i have received are the submission confirmation and confirmation of online application transmission. Any idea on how much longer i will have to wait?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What does your lawyer say as you paid for the services? What country? Masters? School? If refused the first time then did you address reasons for refusal? Everything is in process and nothing has been completed. No one can tell you how much longer but you need to defer.

AnasCanada

Sep 5, 2024
What does your lawyer say as you paid for the services? What country? Masters? School? If refused the first time then did you address reasons for refusal? Everything is in process and nothing has been completed. No one can tell you how much longer but you need to defer.
He said IRCC is slow and perhaps the background checks are not happening on time. I am applying from UAE, I got acceptance at Sheridan College Bachelor in CS and yes I did address reasons for refusal they were for not returning

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He said IRCC is slow and perhaps the background checks are not happening on time. I am applying from UAE, I got acceptance at Sheridan College Bachelor in CS and yes I did address reasons for refusal they were for not returning
All you can do is wait. UAE is usually slower because you are most likely not a citizen of UAE and need to show ties to return to country of citizenship.