+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Delay, No communication from IRCC

Divinemercy

Sep 14, 2018
Hi,
I am a Nigerian and applied for study permit, online on July 6th and I haven't gotten my visa just an email from them that my application is still in process that when finalized will be contacted.

As a result of this delay I had to defer my admission to Jan 2019 since classes had already started on Sept 5th.

Please as I have deferred my admission I'm worried over these issues; should I also inform CIC/embassy about my deferral? Or keep silent unless asked? If the visa comes out ,can I still go with the visa having the different date with my deferral letter? With the different dates, will it affect me at POE? I'm really worried if I inform them of my deferral it might delay/slow down the visa approval. Please what should I do, to keep mute and wait for them. I will really appreciate if the above questions are answered.

sanasyed8

Aug 28, 2018
Hi,
I am a Nigerian and applied for study permit, online on July 6th and I haven't gotten my visa just an email from them that my application is still in process that when finalized will be contacted.

As a result of this delay I had to defer my admission to Jan 2019 since classes had already started on Sept 5th.

Please as I have deferred my admission I'm worried over these issues; should I also inform CIC/embassy about my deferral? Or keep silent unless asked? If the visa comes out ,can I still go with the visa having the different date with my deferral letter? With the different dates, will it affect me at POE? I'm really worried if I inform them of my deferral it might delay/slow down the visa approval. Please what should I do, to keep mute and wait for them. I will really appreciate if the above questions are answered.

I think you should email your University the above questions. They will be able to help you the best. Or else through Web Form Send your deffered application. I dont think it will slow down the process as it was not your mistake that lead you to defer it.

Reactions: Soniya mamman

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Deferral is very common. No you don't have to inform CIC or your embassy about deferral but you can sent a CSE updating CIC if it makes you feel better. It is assumed that you deferred admission if you didn't get your visa in time. It will not slow down the approval process.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
processing time are just estimated time stated by CIC for certain percentage of application will/might take to process and many/some applications might fall beyond this time. Processing time are not guaranteed time specially when there are high volumes of application

Reactions: Divinemercy

Najaah mahamud

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
processing time are just estimated time stated by CIC for certain percentage of application will/might take to process and many/some applications might fall beyond this time. Processing time are not guaranteed time specially when there are high volumes of application
Oooh I was really worried thank you for information I hope I will get visa soon

lina94

Feb 24, 2017
I still haven't received any reply yet ..I did send an email though 2 weeks ago and received a reply 2 days ago that my application is in the final processing stages and that i should receive a reply in 2 weeks.. So i still don't know what to expect..

Mohamed 2000

Aug 29, 2018
I still haven't received any reply yet ..I did send an email though 2 weeks ago and received a reply 2 days ago that my application is in the final processing stages and that i should receive a reply in 2 weeks.. So i still don't know what to expect..
I think it is a good segment

Hope0

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hello, i am from Egypt aswell i applied offline through vfs exactly 3 days ago, i asked the guy at the counter about the expecting processing time he said less than 2 months, p.s the VFS office staff in Egypt are so unprofessional and rude, i regreted applying offline but hearing from you about the online time delay makes me not feel so bad afterall