+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Approved! (Counterfoil document only valid for one year)

ThariqNajeem

Jul 16, 2020
Timeline :
Online application lodged - June 19
Biometrics request letter - June 20
Medical request letter - June 22
Biometrics & medical completed - June 25
Medical passed - June 26
Biometrics correspondence letter - July 2
Original passport request - July 14
Correspondence (approval letter) - July 18th

Program - UTP stage 2 : Business (International College of Manitoba)
PROGRAM start date is Sept 3rd (first term offered online) and anticipated end date is August 2021, upon completion of UTP stage 2 I'll be transferred into University of Manitoba's second year of my undergraduate program which starts on Sept 2021 and is for three years until August 2024.
However my counterfoil document issued by the IRCC is valid only until 2021 December 1st.
Will i need to extend my study permit upon the completion of UTP stage 2 and or will i be offered a four year visa at the airport upon arrival to cover my whole course?
This forum has been really helpful throughout my process, wish you all out there success on your applications! Thanks guys!! :D

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Congratulations on your visa, hopefully your answers will be answered by other people...
May i ask If you have received AIP ? or you got full approval study permit

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Timeline :
Medical passed - June 26

PROGRAM start date is Sept 3rd (first term offered online) and anticipated end date is August 2021, upon completion of UTP stage 2 I'll be transferred into University of Manitoba's second year of my undergraduate program which starts on Sept 2021 and is for three years until August 2024.
However my counterfoil document issued by the IRCC is valid only until 2021 December 1st.
Will i need to extend my study permit upon the completion of UTP stage 2 and or will i be offered a four year visa at the airport upon arrival to cover my whole course?
This forum has been really helpful throughout my process, wish you all out there success on your applications! Thanks guys!! :D
Congratulations! Such a good news that approvals are started to flow again. :)

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Timeline :
Medical passed - June 26

Congratulations buddy !

This is positive news yet very strange on IRCC’s behalf as he got his decision within a month, whereas people are waiting since March & April. This is very confusing lol ;p

Reactions: ThariqNajeem

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Congratulations buddy !

This is positive news yet very strange on IRCC’s behalf as he got his decision within a month, whereas people are waiting since March & April. This is very confusing lol ;p
Maybe visa office in colombo is up and running. Although Canadian Immigration has officially declared that they will be prioritizing Study Permits it is up to the embassies of each nation to process it and issue permits and that is highly dependent of the situations in that nation.

Reactions: D_D

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Maybe visa office in colombo is up and running. Although Canadian Immigration has officially declared that they will be prioritizing Study Permits it is up to the embassies of each nation to process it and issue permits and that is highly dependent of the situations in that nation.
Yeah, I guess that must be the case.

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Yes. Considering the size and population of India, IRCC ND must have a huge backlog. Moreover, the covid situation isn't stable or under control yet so expect delays.
But most of the SDS applications from India are processed in Canada

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Yes. Considering the size and population of India, IRCC ND must have a huge backlog. Moreover, the covid situation isn't stable or under control yet so expect delays.
Anyhow, with current situation expecting delays is the only sane option we have.
Thanks for your input