+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit approvals in UK recently

sarkarkln

Nov 5, 2020
Hi there,
I am in the UK and my UK visa has expired. So I have applied for a new visa which is pending. In the meanwhile, I have been accepted from Canadian University. In this situation, can I apply my study permit from the UK? In addition, Canadian immigration officers have required my UK visa status? Please let me know.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Hi there,
I am in the UK and my UK visa has expired. So I have applied for a new visa which is pending. In the meanwhile, I have been accepted from Canadian University. In this situation, can I apply my study permit from the UK? In addition, Canadian immigration officers have required my UK visa status? Please let me know.
If you are in the UK, you cannot apply for a UK visa. UK visas must be applied for from outside the UK. Have you instead applied for a residence permit Tier2 for the UK and are you actually studying in the UK? Why did you let your UK residency lapse, is it because of covid that you are waiting for a decision on an application which was applied for before youre UK residence expired? Yes your UK immigration history will be of interest to IRCC. Your personal circumstances will determine where you should be applying for a study permit, hard to say more without more information surrounding what you're actually doing in the UK and why you have an outstanding residence application and why you now want to go to Canada and how you are funding your stay in the UK.