tryyourbest

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: row.one and ohbruh

polipeptit

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I've applied on July 22nd for study permit. I didn't give fingerprints because it wasn't requested. "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. " and no messages yet.

I've been to Canada once (3 years ago) . Do I have to give biometrics ? If yes, it has been already 34 days. when will I give and when will I get the visa result?

koeri

Nov 6, 2019
I've applied on July 22nd for study permit. I didn't give fingerprints because it wasn't requested. "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. " and no messages yet.

I've been to Canada once (3 years ago) . Do I have to give biometrics ? If yes, it has been already 34 days. when will I give and when will I get the visa result?
I advise you to book your biometrics appointment through VFS.

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020

You don't need to give your fingerprints again. It's valid for 10 years.

Reactions: ShaUCan

polipeptit

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
You said you visited Canada three years ago. I assumed that you already gave your biometrics.
Yes I have visited and I had sw-1 (study-work permit) visa but I've never given biometrics before. Biometrics wasn't requested.

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
Yes I have visited and I had sw-1 (study-work permit) visa but I've never given biometrics before. Biometrics wasn't requested.
Oh I see, biometric was not mandatory before 2019. Border officier takes your fingerprints at the port of entry and I think they may already matched it with your profile. You may raise a webform to Ankara about that but I think you are fine.

tryyourbest

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I have sent a webform for my application on August 17 and received the answer now, it says "your application is still in progress."
Application date; June 23 and biometrics done on July 24. Eligibility has not started yet.
I think they will not reply to my application until at the end of September.

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
I have sent a webform for my application on August 17 and received the answer now, it says "your application is still in progress."
Application date; June 23 and biometrics done on July 24. Eligibility has not started yet.
I think they will not reply to my application until at the end of September.
I don’t think they are processing any applications right now. I feel like while the queue adding up to the moon, they just sit and watch. I hope you get good news soon.