+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit application

Manaf

Feb 17, 2024
Hi, I made a study permit application since 2nd November 2023, but till now
I received no response from IRCC, meanwhile the processing time has exceeded.
When I check the status of my application is on processing.
So what should I do to move forward?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can raise a webform. Processing time is when most are processed. Most who post on this forum have been waiting many months. Nothing you can do but wait.

wizzyfc

Sep 21, 2019
Hi, did you eventually hear back? I applied around the same time but still have not heard back

Courage Lee

Jul 3, 2024
I applied for my study visa from Vietnam on June 8 2024 and did my biometrics on June 12, 2024. My biometrics was updated on my tracker on July 19, 2024. I'm originally from Ghana but currently working in Vietnam. I received an email on August 3, 2024, from IRCC that my file had been sent to Ghana. Can this affect the decision of my visa application and may I know why, please?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for my study visa from Vietnam on June 8 2024 and did my biometrics on June 12, 2024. My biometrics was updated on my tracker on July 19, 2024. I'm originally from Ghana but currently working in Vietnam. I received an email on August 3, 2024, from IRCC that my file had been sent to Ghana. Can this affect the decision of my visa application and may I know why, please?
It may take longer because you would have outlined in your SOP the opportunities you will have in Ghana, and shown ties to return. You would have justified the costs of why you must take a program in Canada and how it will lead to better career opportunities in Ghana.

Courage Lee

Jul 3, 2024
I highlighted all in my SOP and even sent proof of my I.D's to justify. I even supported it with letters from Ghana. The Visa Office in Ghana processing time is 8 weeks. The Ghana Visa Offices reply to my message that my document is in a queue. Should I wait for their processing time of sent another web form because my school starts soon.
Thanks@
Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I highlighted all in my SOP and even sent proof of my I.D's to justify. I even supported it with letters from Ghana. The Visa Office in Ghana processing time is 8 weeks. The Ghana Visa Offices reply to my message that my document is in a queue. Should I wait for their processing time of sent another web form because my school starts soon.
Thanks@
Naturgrl
Have you done a medical? If they have told you your file is in the queue then a webform doesn’t add anything but if you want to do it then go ahead. Remember you still need your passport stamped if approved which can take up to 2 weeks.

Courage Lee

Jul 3, 2024
I haven't completed my medicals yet. I applied for the Master's Program in Educational Psychology at the University of Regina, Saskatchewan. Unfortunately only my biometrics has been updated in the past 2 months@
Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I haven't completed my medicals yet. I applied for the Master's Program in Educational Psychology at the University of Regina, Saskatchewan. Unfortunately only my biometrics has been updated in the past 2 months@
Naturgrl
So would consider deferring if you have not even been asked yet for medicals nor did upfront medical.

Courage Lee

Jul 3, 2024
I think deferring is the best option as it stands now. I'm concerned because the earlier I receive a decision the better I weigh my choices. Can an applicant be refused after 3 months of long waiting? It is also possible for visa approval after 2 - 4 months ? @
Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I think deferring is the best option as it stands now. I'm concerned because the earlier I receive a decision the better I weigh my choices. Can an applicant be refused after 3 months of long waiting? It is also possible for visa approval after 2 - 4 months ? @
Naturgrl
A visa can be refused after 2 weeks or 6 months, same for approval.