+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Application Refused

aryanasahel

Apr 27, 2019
Hello All,

Last year, I got accepted in a College to study for Diploma In Business Administration. I had been working in UAE for the last 5 years and have a combined work experience of 9 years. I applied online for my Visa using Student Direct Stream. I paid the full 1st year Tuition Fees in advance along with the GIC Fund. I had submitted my Graduation Certificate, IELTS Score (7.5 Overall), Police Clearance (India+UAE), Financial Information (Some Fixed Deposits Certificates which are owned by my parents). Yet my application was rejected. Also, I didn't submit a SOP. Can someone please advice, what went missing and how do I avoid facing this issue again?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
I still own a Valid Visa in UAE, although I no longer work for this company.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Please help!

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear about your rejection, Let me try to explain to you a few things,

1. Student direct stream (SDS) doesn't apply to you if you are applying outside of participating countries (India, China, Vietnam, and the Philippines) even though you are the citizen of one of those countries. .

Seems like you applied for your student visa from UAE which means your application was considered under regular study permit process. The refusal rate under regular stream is significantly high as compared to SDS.

FYI, SOP is the meat of any application regardless of how strong and impressive your educational and work history is.

Let me know if you have any other question,

Thank you,

aryanasahel

Apr 27, 2019
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear about your rejection, Let me try to explain to you a few things,

1. Student direct stream (SDS) doesn't apply to you if you are applying outside of participating countries (India, China, Vietnam, and the Philippines) even though you are the citizen of one of those countries. .

Seems like you applied for your student visa from UAE which means your application was considered under regular study permit process. The refusal rate under regular stream is significantly high as compared to SDS.

FYI, SOP is the meat of any application regardless of how strong and impressive your educational and work history is.

Let me know if you have any other question,

Thank you,
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Regarding the SDS, I am not an expert in this matter, and even I was under the assumption that it is applicable only for the people who are in the participating countries.
However, when I started an application online and are done halfway answering a few questions, I am told that I am eligible for SDS. Check the attached images. Can you please advice?

Also, would you have a draft SOP, so I can understand before I prepare one?

Thanks again!

Iamdoyin

May 16, 2019
Hello would to apply for an undergraduate after five years of graduating with a Bsc in a different field. Will it affect my application?