+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Application from USA

Dave8008

Jun 29, 2018
Hi captainarabia,

I am currently F1 Visa in the United States and Completed MBA in IT and currently working on MBA Finance. I am planning to move to Canada.
I have also applied to Humber college for project management. I would really appreciate if you can help me with some questions.

1) How much money do I need to show in my application after paying 1-semester fees in advance?
2) Do I need to Invest $10,000 in GIC as I am applying from the USA?
3) Any additional documents needed in order to support my application?

swish003

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
I applied from US. I am international student on F1 visa. I applied online for Canada student visa on June 16. On Aug 1 my status changed to reviewing your eligibility and later that day my visa got approved. It took one week after I sent my passport to get it back with visa stamp. Lot of people applying from US get them approved - sadly very few post online. Hopefully this post helps someone. Make sure you convince officer in your essay as to why you are going from Us to Canada and how it will help your career. Convince them you will go home. You should get it. My brother was my sponsor - he is permanent resident of both US and Canada and I still got it approved. Good luck to all

Dave8008

Jun 29, 2018
I applied from US. I am international student on F1 visa. I applied online for Canada student visa on June 16. On Aug 1 my status changed to reviewing your eligibility and later that day my visa got approved. It took one week after I sent my passport to get it back with visa stamp. Lot of people applying from US get them approved - sadly very few post online. Hopefully this post helps someone. Make sure you convince officer in your essay as to why you are going from Us to Canada and how it will help your career. Convince them you will go home. You should get it. My brother was my sponsor - he is permanent resident of both US and Canada and I still got it approved. Good luck to all
Do you have any SOP or something which can help me to put up my file? I would really appreciate if you can share it.