+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit AIP & Final Decision 2020

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
than
I don’t know the full process, but I once asked this question to my advisor at school - and I got advised to update both the acceptance letter and the LOE in application.
thank you for your response
do you know anything about web form
maybe i have to inform them for the new acceptance letter through web form ?

chelseaqq

Sep 7, 2020
Hello everyone! Does anyone know how long does it take to get a final decision after receiving AIP?

I believe many international students are still waiting for the AIP's or final decisions for 2020 Fall intakes. Let's share our timelines and the location where you applied - hopefully we can get some ideas of what to expect. Best wishes everyone!

I applied for 2020 Fall study permit in USA: (not US citizen)
-July 12: submitted application
-July 30: completed biometrics
-Aug 19: eligibility review started + got message of AIP
-still waiting for final decision
Hey, my friend, what's going on now? Have you received the final decision?

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
hello everyone !! Please try to share your timelines.
I applied for 2020 fall study permit in Greece. ( Greek citizen )
June 19: submitted full application
June 29: completed biometrics
Aug 27: Got AIP
Waiting for the final decision.
Unfortunately they have not started checking the 2nd stage. Nobody knows when they will start. I hope they start from October . Lets see

chelseaqq

Sep 7, 2020
hello everyone !! Please try to share your timelines.
I applied for 2020 fall study permit in Greece. ( Greek citizen )
June 19: submitted full application
June 29: completed biometrics
Aug 27: Got AIP
Waiting for the final decision.
Unfortunately they have not started checking the 2nd stage. Nobody knows when they will start. I hope they start from October . Lets see
Are you taking the online classes?
If we are refused finally, will we get the tuition fees refunded?

Reactions: nk1

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
My online SDS application was submitted on June 4th for Fall 2020 from India with upfront medicals and without biometrics. On 20th July my GC account showed 'You passed the medical exam' and after that, there has been no update. Is anyone else in the same situation as me? How long does it usually take to get an AIP from here?
waiting,,,waiting...waiting

chelseaqq

Sep 7, 2020
Hey thanks for checking! No, I still haven't heard any update since AIP...
So have you attend the online classes??
I think we have the same situations.
So now I am worried that if I am refused how about the tuition fees~~~
What do you think about it?

Jae9

Aug 22, 2020
So have you attend the online classes??
I think we have the same situations.
So now I am worried that if I am refused how about the tuition fees~~~
What do you think about it?
Yes I have started my online classes. As for the tuition fees, I think it is depends on the school's policies, someone of them allow refund/partially refund by certain time.

For myself, I wanted to start studying ASAP instead of waiting forever, so I started taking online classes. My logic is even in the worst case scenario, if the SP got rejected eventually, I still can re-apply for the SP again next year. And since I have taken the online courses now, the credit hours I took this semester probably can be waived for future studies, so the time/money is not wasted. Hope it helps!

chelseaqq

Sep 7, 2020
Yes I have started my online classes. As for the tuition fees, I think it is depends on the school's policies, someone of them allow refund/partially refund by certain time.

For myself, I wanted to start studying ASAP instead of waiting forever, so I started taking online classes. My logic is even in the worst case scenario, if the SP got rejected eventually, I still can re-apply for the SP again next year. And since I have taken the online courses now, the credit hours I took this semester probably can be waived for future studies, so the time/money is not wasted. Hope it helps!
Yes, It does help. Thanks for your idea and I agree with your logic. I think I am older than you, so I wish I could get the SP this year...If I apply next year, that will disturb my family plan.

Good luck to you! My friend, hope you can get the SP soon.