Study Permit Abu Dhabi help needed

eisayo

Dec 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,
I'm Eisa and I'm 18. I have gotten acceptance to study in an institution in Alberta and I have applied for the study permit and gave in all my application papers at 28th November 2012 by courier to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi. Till now I have not received any feedback or response and I don't know if I should just wait or be concerned cause my course starts January 7th 2013. Since it is not possible to call or email them and there is no application status. Can someone tell me from experience how long it took for a person who applied in Abu Dhabi recently and could someone explain to me the method of how I will receive my acceptance if I got accepted. Will they call me? Email me? Mail it to my address? Since they have my original passport and I don't know how long it is gonna take. I have checked the processing times and in some sites it says 4 weeks and in some it says 8 or 7. Please someone with experience tell me how they tell you if I got accepted and answer my questions. Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

eisayo said:
Hello guys,
I'm Eisa and I'm 18. I have gotten acceptance to study in an institution in Alberta and I have applied for the study permit and gave in all my application papers at 28th November 2012 by courier to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi. Till now I have not received any feedback or response and I don't know if I should just wait or be concerned cause my course starts January 7th 2013. Since it is not possible to call or email them and there is no application status. Can someone tell me from experience how long it took for a person who applied in Abu Dhabi recently and could someone explain to me the method of how I will receive my acceptance if I got accepted. Will they call me? Email me? Mail it to my address? Since they have my original passport and I don't know how long it is gonna take. I have checked the processing times and in some sites it says 4 weeks and in some it says 8 or 7. Please someone with experience tell me how they tell you if I got accepted and answer my questions. Thank you.
1. The processing time on CIC is 7 weeks: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp Abu Dhabi web site says 4 weeks. So the earliest you would hear is early January, because of the holiday closures.

eisayo

Dec 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. The processing time on CIC is 7 weeks: Abu Dhabi web site says 4 weeks. So the earliest you would hear is early January, because of the holiday closures.
So do you think il make it in time before 7th January? Will they call me to tell me or what?

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eisayo said:
So do you think il make it in time before 7th January? Will they call me to tell me or what?
@eisayo didn't you know that Abu Dhabi CIC takes 7 weeks of processing time.. you suppose have been planned while applying.

as PMM said they would not be active from 20'th Dec to 3'rd Jan due to X-mas n New Year holidays.. usually all western countries peoples around the world.

As per CIC state you would get to know the result by 1 week of JAN. even you need not to worry. once u got visa. start immediately to CAD. Max of 15 days of classes you bare in to get enter. Inform the university as early that you r getting delay of student permit.

anyway Which University u r going and pgm? Edmonton r calegary?

eisayo

Dec 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vimalind said:
@ eisayo didn't you know that Abu Dhabi CIC takes 7 weeks of processing time.. you suppose have been planned while applying.

as PMM said they would not be active from 20'th Dec to 3'rd Jan due to X-mas n New Year holidays.. usually all western countries peoples around the world.

As per CIC state you would get to know the result by 1 week of JAN. even you need not to worry. once u got visa. start immediately to CAD. Max of 15 days of classes you bare in to get enter. Inform the university as early that you r getting delay of student permit.

Thank you for your help. But I got acceptance really late so I could have not planned earlier, I am going to be attending University of Calgary my program is continuing education before entering to pre medicine

eisayo

Dec 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vimalind said:
@ eisayo didn't you know that Abu Dhabi CIC takes 7 weeks of processing time.. you suppose have been planned while applying.

I have done some research about the Abu Dhabi office and visa delays and I have not seen anything that shows that the offices will be closed or my visa will be delayed due to holiday closure. Are you sure about this? I really hope to get my study permit approved as soon as possible, I've been really tensed lately. The Abu Dhabi website says it will process in 4 weeks. Can you please explain to me the method of how I will be informed? Call? Mail? Email?

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eisayo said:
I have done some research about the Abu Dhabi office and visa delays and I have not seen anything that shows that the offices will be closed or my visa will be delayed due to holiday closure. Are you sure about this? I really hope to get my study permit approved as soon as possible, I've been really tensed lately. The Abu Dhabi website says it will process in 4 weeks. Can you please explain to me the method of how I will be informed? Call? Mail? Email?
Dont get tensed.. since u r planning your Pre-Medicine study.. you will get thru max.. but there will b little delay as of my guess.. not sure abt Abu-Dabhi CIC working days. i generally said the same about western country holidays where ever the white peoples r...like Ramzan r diwali eve times :)

Shaidul

Dec 21, 2012
I am a Bangladeshi student and i have applied from Oman to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi. I have got rejected for the first three reasons : You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay because: (a) you have not demonstrated that you are sufficiently well established in your country of residence. (b) you have not demonstrated that you or your parents have sufficient income and assets to justify your proposed studies.
I have applied with my dad's bank statements of Oman and Bangladesh and some financial documents of some land and building in Bangladesh.The VO have returned all those bank statements of BD and one of the oman's one in which the balance wasn't converted to CAD.I have applied for diploma in Computer Network and technical Support in Seneca College.I have shown approx 13 Lakh CAD including all funds and assets.

I would like someone to give me some expert advice and tell me where I went wrong and what should i have included and give me detailed information on what documents to apply with for the next time.......
PLZZZ HELP ME........

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

eisayo said:
You didn't look at their website did you? http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Shows closed 25/26 December, doubt if any work will be done on the 24th.

Sherry G

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Moncton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
chc abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
Doc's Request.
12-1-2013
IELTS Request
submited with application
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Request
waived
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-1-2013
LANDED..........
22-1-2013
@ eisayo The processing time is 7 weeks on CIC (which is true). all the other websites that show 4 weeks period, they mean to say that the AVERAGE time is 4 weeks. Average means the time taken in most of the cases. What a coincedence, My application was also delivered to embassy on 28th nov and my classes also start on 7th jan!

Sherry G

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Moncton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
chc abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
Doc's Request.
12-1-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Request
waived
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-1-2013
LANDED..........
22-1-2013
and yeah the office will only be closed on 25th, 26th and 1st jan. have patience just like me :p

Sherry G

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Moncton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
chc abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
Doc's Request.
12-1-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Request
waived
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-1-2013
LANDED..........
22-1-2013
Shaidul said:
I am a Bangladeshi student and i have applied from Oman to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi. I have got rejected for the first three reasons : You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay because: (a) you have not demonstrated that you are sufficiently well established in your country of residence. (b) you have not demonstrated that you or your parents have sufficient income and assets to justify your proposed studies.
I have applied with my dad's bank statements of Oman and Bangladesh and some financial documents of some land and building in Bangladesh.The VO have returned all those bank statements of BD and one of the oman's one in which the balance wasn't converted to CAD.I have applied for diploma in Computer Network and technical Support in Seneca College.I have shown approx 13 Lakh CAD including all funds and assets.

I would like someone to give me some expert advice and tell me where I went wrong and what should i have included and give me detailed information on what documents to apply with for the next time.......
PLZZZ HELP ME........
you have not shown how your parents earn money, you just showed your property, not enough. and regarding leaving canada, show some ties with ur country of residence, write about friends and family. remmember show only copies, do not send them the original papers of your property as you will only get back passports ,not documents, when and if your visa is issued!

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
Hi guys we mean me n my spouse has the same case we applied at 22nov n still we wait for the answer............can any one tell me delay means this they dnt want to gbe visa cuz already 5weeks has been passed n my classes will be from 2nd of jan what we can do?can we wait or we can mail embasy or uni? Please u all guy who applied from abu dhabi embasy for student permit visa keep in touch with as u get any answer or response from embasy..... Help us please

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
Please could u tell me when did u apply for the visa permit from abu dhabi embasy n when did u get reply of rejection from them plz date n month

Thnks