+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students from pakistan study permit and temporary visa

whyserious

May 12, 2012
Dear all,
Students who are citizens of Pakistan but are applying through London VO, do they have to apply for both study permit and temporary resident visa separately or they only apply for study permit and temporary resident visa is issued with it by the visa office without a separate application.

Can someone tell me please?

happy213

Oct 12, 2011
whyserious said:
Dear all,
Students who are citizens of Pakistan but are applying through London VO, do they have to apply for both study permit and temporary resident visa separately or they only apply for study permit and temporary resident visa is issued with it by the visa office without a separate application.

Can someone tell me please?
Hi, you only need to apply for study permit.

whyserious

May 12, 2012
Thanks, I have been searching for this information on CHC in london but no straight ward information. are you telling this from your personal experience? Are you a phd student yourself? The reason i am asking is that here i have been searching for information related to phd and want to talk to phd students but there are not so many of them, in fact they next to none. if you are a phd student or know someone who can help me resolve some question i would greatly appreciate that.

I will wait for your reply

thanks
happy213 said:
Hi, you only need to apply for study permit.

meenum

May 25, 2012
Hello,
I have a query about bank statement.If someone is applying from UK for a Canadian student visa with a different nationality ie Pakistani is it necessary to show funds in UK?or will Pakistani bank statements be sufficient as well?
I am a bit worried as i have read this on CIC website.

" What is acceptable evidence of funds in support of my study permit application?
Proof of funds can be in the form of your bank statements or your parents’ bank statements accompanied by a letter from your parent(s) confirming that they will be financially responsible for you. All funds must be in an account in Canada or in the country of your current residence. Funds located in off-shore accounts are not acceptable as proof of funds. General letters of reference from banks are not sufficient. For more details, refer to the CIC page on Proof of Financial Support. "