+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students applied for M eng Mechanical Fall 2016

May 8, 2016
Hello fellas,

I am hoping if someone could some advice please. A friend of mine wants to come to Canada as student but he has about six years of gap in his personal history. He is from Pakistan and his IELTS score is overall 6. He has completed diploma in mechanical engineering in 2010 and has no job experience. He is thinking for getting admission in Motive Power Technician program.

Do you have any suggestions for him? Do you think he can get the study visa considering he has so much gap in his personal history? Do you know of any cases like this who were able to get the study visa? Do you suggest any other routes for him? Please help.

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thank you! Smiley

Jeet13

Feb 28, 2017
Hi everyone.

I applied for M.Eng in Mech from University of ottawa.

By what time do they roll out the admissions.

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Jeet13 said:
Hi everyone.

I applied for M.Eng in Mech from University of ottawa.

By what time do they roll out the admissions.
when did u apply ? I also applied , but application is still under evaluation

Jeet13

Feb 28, 2017
Have u done any research about this particular program, meaning the job prospect and value of the course ?

ragul15

Mar 14, 2017
GursimranS said:
I applied in January , status is under evaluation
I have applied to Meng in Mechanical Engineering for fall2017 in Concordia University and Dalhousie University.
I completed my application to Concordia University and submitted all my documents close to the application deadline which is 15-feb-2017.
How competitive is Mechanical engineering in Concordia and Dalhousie ?
My application is already rejected by Western university and Carleton University..

10th- 94%
12th-92%
GRE:306
TOEFL: 99 (20 above in all sections)
GPA:7.76
projects : 2
got good LOR

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
ragul15 said:
I have applied to Meng in Mechanical Engineering for fall2017 in Concordia University and Dalhousie University.
I completed my application to Concordia University and submitted all my documents close to the application deadline which is 15-feb-2017.
How competitive is Mechanical engineering in Concordia and Dalhousie ?
My application is already rejected by Western university and Carleton University..

10th- 94%
12th-92%
GRE:306
TOEFL: 99 (20 above in all sections)
GPA:7.76
projects : 2
got good LOR
Its good profile . I wonder why it was rejected by both Carleton / western .

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Jeet13 said:
Have u done any research about this particular program, meaning the job prospect and value of the course ?
UOttawa is good for M. Engg. and being a capital of Canada , there must be lots of job opportunities . Have u got reply from Ottawa regrading application ?

Jeet13

Feb 28, 2017
GursimranS said:
UOttawa is good for M. Engg. and being a capital of Canada , there must be lots of job opportunities . Have u got reply from Ottawa regrading application ?
No, I haven't got any reply from them yet. Have you got any reply.

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Jeet13 said:
No, I haven't got any reply from them yet. Have you got any reply.
I got notifications(automatic reply) twice that profile has been updated . But when checked in portal - application is still under evaluation .

Jeet13

Feb 28, 2017
GursimranS said:
I got notifications(automatic reply) twice that profile has been updated . But when checked in portal - application is still under evaluation .
Yes, this happened once with me too. However there was no change in profile.