+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Rules for Post graduation /MBA---Help ME.

Oceanic

Sep 9, 2011
Hello,
I got Unconditional Letter from university of canada west for Mba november Intake.I am very much worried for my Visa.I have heard that if ielts score is less than 6 band in any section than Chc can reject your visa.
Just have look at some points below :
I have passed SSC with distinction.
After SSC i opted for Diploma Eng which is 10+3 year.My average percentage was 60%.
After completing Diploma i opted for Bachlors of Science -Information Technology (Bsc-It).I got direct admission in second year of Bsc-I.T.
In sybscit my score was 48.86%.
In last year of Bscit ie TyBsc- IT i score 50.64% .
Now i have worry as my average of last 2 years is 49.75%.I have all other documents in place like education loan , Liquidity etc.
I also have 1 year of work experience as Business Developer after completing Bsc-IT.

Please help me out friends as i am applying for student visa(general) in next week .

Regards,
Oceanic.

ramzero

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sept-11
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
Oceanic said:
Hello,
I got Unconditional Letter from university of canada west for Mba november Intake.I am very much worried for my Visa.I have heard that if ielts score is less than 6 band in any section than Chc can reject your visa.
After SSC i opted for Diploma Eng which is 10+3 year.My average percentage was 60%.
After completing Diploma i opted for Bachlors of Science -Information Technology (Bsc-It).I got direct admission in second year of Bsc-I.T.
Now i have worry as my average of last 2 years is 49.75%.I have all other documents in place like education loan , Liquidity etc.
I also have 1 year of work experience as Business Developer after completing Bsc-IT.

Please help me out friends as i am applying for student visa(general) in next week .

Regards,
Oceanic.
Academics doesn't matter that much for CHC .. but your course is mismatch with your past education which is a major refusal else is your luck . . :D

Oceanic

Sep 9, 2011
Are you sure academic doesnt matter wid chc ?
My ielts overall score is 6.5 and in writting section i am havng 5.5 bands,listening 7.5 speaking 6.5,reading 6.
can havng 5.5 in writing can b issue wid chc ?
What should i do to get visa for mba as most of pple frm technical background go for MBA.

ramzero

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sept-11
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
Oceanic said:
My ielts overall score is 6.5 and in writting section i am havng 5.5 bands,listening 7.5 speaking 6.5,reading 6.
What should i do to get visa for mba as most of pple frm technical background go for MBA.
your ielts score is good minimum band in each section is required 5.5

It's better you apply in your related field first . . University give you the admission in which you want but the problem creates with Visa Officer . . so you apply in in your related field first once you landed to Canada switch your course

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oceanic said:
Hello,

Regards,
Oceanic.

Hi,

I do not know who advised you to go for University of Canada West, MBA. It’s really “a very low grade School” with “no accreditation” (not even a regional accreditation). Since I am also a prospective MBA student in Canada and I know very well about MBA schools in Canada. I think you are only wasting your time and money after going for this School. I do not want to discourage you at all…

Check this link…
http://reviews.collegetimes.us/british-columbia/university-canada-west/

I would advise you to take GMAT exam first and score well. Apply in some good School which can ensure a better placement and career prospects. Rest is your choice !

Oceanic

Sep 9, 2011
thx for your info but plz tell me about visa.I knw how college is and its anyways bettr thn PG frm community colleges.The site u said is hacked ...do post some positive comment it vl b deleted...so dont take it on facevalue.anywayz thx for your concern.advice me about visa mate :)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oceanic said:
thx for your info but plz tell me about visa.I knw how college is and its anyways bettr thn PG frm community colleges.The site u said is hacked ...do post some positive comment it vl b deleted...so dont take it on facevalue.anywayz thx for your concern.advice me about visa mate :)
Hi,

I can see you are little upset with my post. And I apologize for the same, if I hurt you in any way.
Well, my friend, I do not know from which country you are....but I have noticed that in India, Visa officer give much preference to "Over all Profile of the Candidature". I mean its really not enough to meet criteria as mentioned on the visa checklist. Here we have many many “fallen warriors” who lost their battle with Visa Officer even after meeting all requirements like
Good IELTS score….meeting full funds requirement….having good academic records….Unconditional LOA…

That’s why I advise you to change it, because you had little weak academic couple with weak IELTS…but as you said you want to stick with it, so I won’t say much on it.
On the visa checklist there is no mentioning of individual scores (Its look more a school requirement) but who knows what might happen with Visa officer. He may take some adverse view on it. But my friend, I wish you good luck.

Stay in touch with me.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oceanic said:
Hi,

No, I do not agree with the saying that MBA is not as per with your prior academic records. MBA is a very generalized qualification which has nothing to do with prior education, work in different field. MBA is for all !

ramzero

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sept-11
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
enfield said:
Hi,

No, I do not agree with the saying that MBA is not as per with your prior academic records. MBA is a very generalized qualification which has nothing to do with prior education, work in different field. MBA is for all !
I read a post on this forum . . I don't have the link right now .. He had a engineering background and he applied for MBA got refusal on mismatch... there are many cases on this forum just go through in the end what's right and what's wrong totally depend on VO mood only :p

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramzero said:
I read a post on this forum . . I don't have the link right now .. He had a engineering background and he applied for MBA got refusal on mismatch... there are many cases on this forum just go through in the end what's right and what's wrong totally depend on VO mood only :p
Hi,

I did my Law and got into MBA school and now almost very near to catch my visa (Embassy has requested me to submit letter of deferral). My elder sibling did Master in Law from India and completed MBA in Canada. My another friend was from IT background and now pursuing MBA from University of Alberta.

I am not sure if Visa processing for MBA cases are similar in India and Pakistan but in India, its not a rejection unless you hold a weak profile generally measured by way of good GMAT Score, Prior Work Experience (In Canada, its very rare to get into a good MBA school without quality work experience), lauguage abilities and other stuff. I have reasons to believe that MBA is a generalist qualification.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
enfield said:
Hi,

I do not know who advised you to go for University of Canada West, MBA. It's really “a very low grade School” with “no accreditation” (not even a regional accreditation). Since I am also a prospective MBA student in Canada and I know very well about MBA schools in Canada. I think you are only wasting your time and money after going for this School. I do not want to discourage you at all...

Check this link...
http://reviews.collegetimes.us/british-columbia/university-canada-west/

I would advise you to take GMAT exam first and score well. Apply in some good School which can ensure a better placement and career prospects. Rest is your choice !
I'm sorry - but I have to agree with the feedback provided by enfield above.

This university has an very poor reputation in Canada. Note that I am Canadian (I was born here) and have been working as a business professional for 15 years.

If you plan to return to your home country after completing the MBA here - then this school's bad reputation may not be a problem. However if you're planning to remain in Canada and work here (especially long term), I would recommend you consider attending a different school.

You might also want to read the following article:

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indepthanalysis/gopublic/story/2011/03/14/bc-universityclosure.html

I'm sorry if this sounds negative. I just want to provide you with an honest opinion about what Canadians (and Canadian employers) think about this school.

Good luck with your studies.

Oceanic

Sep 9, 2011
Thank you very much for prompt reply guys ! ! !

I think no1 has ryt idea abt ielts and academic related to visa...anywayz thank you very much all of u....! ! !

Oceanic

Sep 9, 2011
IF ANY1 FROM INDIA COMES TO KNOW ABOUT IELTS REQUIREMENT OF VISA OFFICER PLZ LET ME KNOW....THANK U !