+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Rejection

djtautha

Jun 19, 2014
Hello there

I applied in July 2016 for a student visa and was requested for medicals in August and passed and submitted them in time and in November received refusal giving the reason of insufficient funds. The tuition fees and boarding and meals were coming to CAN$17800 and I had paid CAN$11800 and agreed with the University to bring the balance when going for the Jan 2017. I submitted my parents bank statements and proof of truck and trailer registration documents showing that my parents run a successful transport business and that's where the money comes from but they still refused.

When I received the refusal, I got my parents statements showing that money goes in and out from the transport business in addition to that I got my aunt's bank statement where there is more than enough money and my aunt wrote a supporting letter that she will support me financially if need be and she is an RN in the UK where I am based right now making good money and the statement showed a very good amount of money more than all they needed at the University in her account. Then I reapplied on a Saturday evening on 19th November with all these supporting documents and by 24th November I received another refusal stating the following reasons:

Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation, I am not satisfied that
you:

i) have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees
for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue
ii) have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself
and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of stud.
iii) have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the costs of
transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:

i) travel history
ii) purpose of visit

I am intending to reapply again because I am just 18 years old and I am going for my first degree. In addition to that, I don't need IELTS as all my high school I have done in the UK although I am from Africa. The visa office I applied is that of Pretoria in South Africa. Please assist what can be the best way of reapplying.

Should my parents pay the balance of the tuition fees before I apply again or what? Please assist.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC prefers parents to be sponsors (not aunts and uncles). Have your parents set up a separate bank account where they can deposit the money to fund your education, where the balance always meets the minimum you need to cover first year tuition + $10K living expenses (minus anything you've already paid to the school), and where the balances doesn't go up and down.

You also need to address the purpose of visit refusal reason.

djtautha

Jun 19, 2014
The purpose of visit is education and how do I address this aspect of purpose of visit? There is no any other reason why I am going but to earn my degree and come back home and work in my home country.

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
Hello

I applied Canada Study Visa ( SPP) on Nov 6th 2016 and got refusal on nov 26th 2016. Below are the rejected reasons given, my consultant submitted application online and all relevant documents submitted like lambton college letter of acceptance (Financial Planning and Wealth Management), tuition fee - $6605, GIC-$10000, Bank Statement- $6000 (deposit certificate) and land holding certificate in my father name (agriculture land). My sister is a Permanent Resident in Canada, I had sufficient fund to support myself.Could anyone tell me what is the exact reason for rejection?

In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not limited to:
• whether the person has been accepted to study at a Canadian educational institution;
• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip, to pay tuition fees and to support himself or herself while in
Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

Saikat1313

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct 2016
File Transfer...
17th Oct 2016
Med's Request
1st Nov 2016
Med's Done....
3th Nov 2016
Passport Req..
13th Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22 Dec 2016
djtautha said:
The purpose of visit is education and how do I address this aspect of purpose of visit? There is no any other reason why I am going but to earn my degree and come back home and work in my home country.
you must convince the visa officer that you have very important things to do in your home country and you need the higher education so that you can improve your future in your home country. You must show the officer that you have enough cash in your parents account and you wont need to work at all at the time of your stay in canada. You must show that your parents will need your help and they will be dependent on you when you return home. So you must come back and takecare of them when you are done with your studies. This way you can show how important it is for you to come back home when you are done. These are some simple examples whAt you should write.. you have to show as much evidence as you can. Hope this helps you a little bit.

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
CIC prefers parents to be sponsors (not aunts and uncles). Have your parents set up a separate bank account where they can deposit the money to fund your education, where the balance always meets the minimum you need to cover first year tuition + $10K living expenses (minus anything you've already paid to the school), and where the balances doesn't go up and down.

You also need to address the purpose of visit refusal reason.
I agree with the above. You have not convinced the officer that you are going to do what you intend to, which is go to school and be a student. By paying in full your tuition, and getting everything else done (medical, acceptance letter), the only part left is answering the question of whether or not you will be able to support yourself for 1 full year while being a student. The cost of living is averaged at 10K per year. So after tuition paid, you must also have 10K either in the bank, or proof that you have access to. Parent-joint bank account and signed letter.

Covering cost of tuition is just one part of it. You need to demonstrate financially that you won't need to work to support yourself in school. Having said that, once you are awarded a study permit, you will be allowed to work up to 20 hours a week.