+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa rejected based on ...

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Culinary Management at GB is an undergraduate diploma, VO is convinced that you are using this as a backdoor to enter Canada.

Last edited:

cocoaplan

Jan 11, 2021
Culinary Management at GB is an undergraduate diploma, VO is convinced that you are using this as backdoor to enter Canada.
Thank you Ironclad! What are the chances of me getting the visa if I change my program to an advanced diploma and reapply?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
An advanced diploma is just below the achievement of a bachelor's degree, given to students who complete a set of courses based on their desired field of study.

Higher level of studies Master/Grad. cert. are the only way to go.

Level of study (one of the factors) weighs in a lot for an approval.

cocoaplan

Jan 11, 2021
An advanced diploma is just below the achievement of a bachelor's degree, given to students who complete a set of courses based on their desired field of study.

Higher level of studies Master/Grad. cert. are the only way to go.

Level of study (one of the factors) weighs in a lot for an approval.
Ahh I see what you mean. In my SOP I mentioned how I wanted to be a chef hence I applied for Culinary Management.
I am worried if I change to Masters program in Business, they will have doubts.
What about a postgraduate - Food and Nutrition management program?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Ahh I see what you mean. In my SOP I mentioned how I wanted to be a chef hence I applied for Culinary Management.
I am worried if I change to Masters program in Business, they will have doubts.
What about a postgraduate - Food and Nutrition management program?
Again that's related to Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation nothing different from Culinary Management.
Must be somewhat related to your bachelor's and experience.

cocoaplan

Jan 11, 2021
Again that's related to Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation nothing different from Culinary Management.
Must be somewhat related to your bachelor's and experience.
I get it. I basically have to change the program related to business.

Would it be okay to rewrite the SOP then? Currently my SOP is about how I would like to be a chef and expand our family business (restaurant) in India

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
I get it. I basically have to change the program related to business.

Would it be okay to rewrite the SOP then? Currently my SOP is about how I would like to be a chef and expand our family business (restaurant) in India
Just reword it slightly that you would like to be business manager of your business in the future and attach proof for your change of interest for good by attaching short term training certificates/letters from a third party relating to your background.

cocoaplan

Jan 11, 2021
Just reword it slightly that you would like to be business manager of your business in the future and attach proof for your change of interest for good by attaching short term training certificates/letters from a third party relating to your background.
Thank you!! That's helpful!