+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa refusal

Aria-10

Apr 21, 2015
Hi,
I am aria and I applied for a Canadian visa for May session for centennial college but I got refused and the reason was that my proposed study is not relevant with my previous study. I applied for advanced diploma in biotechnology and previously I graduated from Punjab university Chandigarh in BSC biotechnology honours. I, then went to Australia for masters of biotechnology and bioinformatics and completed one year and then came to India and applied for Canadian study visa and got refusal. I fail to understand the reason why I got refused because I paid the fee and gic and applied on time, attached all my academics and IELTS and fee and Gic receipts but still got refused and now I am thinking of re applying my student visa but I am unsure of the changes I need to do in my file because I don't have much time to apply caips notes and wait for 4-5 weeks. Anybody knows anything about what should I do please help me out.
Thanks.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Aria-10 said:
Hi,
I am aria and I applied for a Canadian visa for May session for centennial college but I got refused and the reason was that my proposed study is not relevant with my previous study. I applied for advanced diploma in biotechnology and previously I graduated from Punjab university Chandigarh in BSC biotechnology honours. I, then went to Australia for masters of biotechnology and bioinformatics and completed one year and then came to India and applied for Canadian study visa and got refusal. I fail to understand the reason why I got refused because I paid the fee and gic and applied on time, attached all my academics and IELTS and fee and Gic receipts but still got refused and now I am thinking of re applying my student visa but I am unsure of the changes I need to do in my file because I don't have much time to apply caips notes and wait for 4-5 weeks. Anybody knows anything about what should I do please help me out.
Thanks.

Quite simple to understand. Advanced diploma after a bachelor degree make no sense. Lack of progression.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Aria-10 said:
I there any point re applying ?

Only if there is a 'significant change' in your profile otherwise expect the same result.

Aria-10

Apr 21, 2015
What do u really mean by "significant change" ??
A supporting letter from college stating that the course I chose and applied for is relevant with my previous study counts ??

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
go for a post-graduate course or a Master's degree in your field. And include a good SOP in your re-application :)

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
don't know if it would matter but probably also mention why you came back from Australia after an year going for Masters...