+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Questions - proof of funds

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
He said it doesn't make sense to apply for a credit. We already have the money. If i needed proof that it is mine, we could have dumped it in a Canadian bank beforehand but now it's late and honestly it looks weirder to do so now.
Also, I guess it can be done on-line but don't most banks require you to be present to open it? signature and all...
I wanna be transparent/honest about this. The source of income is the same however you put it. I will state it in the SOP and hope they understand.

As for your problem, having them co-sign is hard since they're far away and need to be present to sign. But if your aunt and sister are doing well, have them send some support if possible. And let it sit there for 3-4 months (if you haven't been accepted for September already). time is also my issue at this point.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
SandraRotaru said:
He said it doesn't make sense to apply for a credit. We already have the money. If i needed proof that it is mine, we could have dumped it in a Canadian bank beforehand but now it's late and honestly it looks weirder to do so now.
Also, I guess it can be done on-line but don't most banks require you to be present to open it? signature and all...
I wanna be transparent/honest about this. The source of income is the same however you put it. I will state it in the SOP and hope they understand.

As for your problem, having them co-sign is hard since they're far away and need to be present to sign. But if your aunt and sister are doing well, have them send some support if possible. And let it sit there for 3-4 months (if you haven't been accepted for September already). time is also my issue at this point.
Yes logically that makes no sense to get a loan when you have the money.

The more consultants I speak to, the more I believe that these guys have no clue what they are talking about.

Either way I'm going to have my sister and aunt provide me letters of sponsorship along with bank statements and pay slips. Hopefully that should be enough considering I will have paid my 1st semester tuition fee by then.

Hopefully "level of establishment in home country" should work in my favour

Good luck to you and keep us posted on what happens

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
We're in the same boat, it looks like! Best of luck to you too!
PS: I wouldn't pay the tuition fee before getting the visa unless you know you can have it returned, if visa fails

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Well I don't think it's fair to pay the tuition in advance too. I think the deposit should be enough.

But my country has a country specific list which says the paying first year tuition fee is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! *Barf*

Good point nonetheless, I will check the refund policy and confirm with Concordia University

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Anyone know is applying online versus on-paper makes any difference? Do they require originals sent through mail during the process, even if done on-line?
I wanna know 'cause if my bf is gonna have his letter notarized he would then have to mail to me and that takes time too.
Also, as far as I know it's best if it were notarized, right? a simple letter promising he would sponsor me is not enough. (last year for visitor visa he didn't bother finding a notary and it was still ok). mind you i had funds for a mere 2 week vacation there...

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
any info on this?
also, if my bf sends me a scan of the affidavit (no time to mail it now) and he indicates he is sending a scanned copy and has the original on him, if it ever needs to be sent.. is that ok?

abin278

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-09-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
I had applied to UofM for MS Pharmacology & Therapeutics (Winter 2017 admission) and was fortunate enough to receive conditional offer, the conditions being:
1) successful completion of my current program with minimum grade of B in my last 2 years of study (which is not an issue as I have completed my academics and is currently doing my 1 year internship)
2) submission of final transcript and a copy of the final degree certificate
However, most universities in India issue provisional degree certificates on graduation and provide the degree certificate much later (approx 6 to 10 months after graduation). I would be graduating towards the end of August and would receive the provisional degree certificate in September.
Considering my graduation time from India, UofM FGS had provided me ample time till October to submit my final degree certificate, which I might receive only by June 2017
I would be grateful if someone could inform me on whether I could use provisional degree certificate instead of original degree certificate to secure unconditional/final acceptance from UofM.

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
if provisional one is all you can show by October, then ask them if that is OK. Call and tell them you get provisional in September and final WAY later. Each institution has its own fine-tuned rules about these things. I'm afraid you have to call and ask.

Any ideas about the affidavit scan? is a scan sufficient or does he HAVE to mail it. does the notary stamp lose reliability?

i plan on applying Monday or so and do not wanna delay it further with unnecessary mail

abin278

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-09-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
SandraRotaru
Thank you for the response. I contacted the university as you suggested and the admissions section replied that I can submit the provisional degree as soon as I get it and send the final one later.