+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Help

nafri82

May 17, 2009
Hello guys...

I have been offered admission to the Fall 2009 Masters of Electronic Commerce program at Dalhousie University, Halifax – Nova Scotia, Canada. My bachelors was in Computer Science n I also have over 3.5 years of professional experience of working as software developer and system designer for a leading e-payment company of Pakistan... My family(mother, father n brother) lives here in karachi and i've sufficient funds to show @Embasy...

So the whole point is now I'm planing to apply for Study visa with in a week n i need u guyz tips n advice, what best can be done to avoid the rejection of study visa???

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

roy100

Mar 10, 2009
Congrads on your admit.

Two things are critical for your obtaining the study permit:

1) You need to show the consulate that you have enough funds to cover your tuition and living expenses in Canada. I would recommend your showing as much money as possible.

2) You need to convince the Immigration officer that you plan to return home as soon as you finish your degree. Family ties (mother/father at home) sometimes alone isn't sufficient to convince them. If you have a house/property/business in your name, show that. Or if you have a job offer in Pakistan to return to after graduation, would be helpful also.

Good luck...

PS: I think you will need a medical as well, so your study permit might actually take 4-6 weeks before you get it. So, apply as early as possible.

raj86

May 17, 2009
@roy100
In my case my father is my sponsor and yes he has enuf money in his bank account to show that he can cover my tution fee n other expenses.... but he is retired rite now, u think this gonna be a cause any negative impact?

I don't have any property on my name either, but my father has got some.... 2ndly i can easily arrange an offer letter from the company for which i am currently employed...

roy100

Mar 10, 2009
Raj86:

First of all, I am not an expert or anything on this topic, and I am only sharing the information that other seniors have shared in this (and other) forums.

If your dad has enough funds, and even if he is retired, it should be ok. But the funds should be sufficient to support your tuition+living, as well as your dad's expenses back home.

You need to convince the consulate that you plan to return home after graduation, and whatever i mentioned in my previous posts are some things that show strong ties to home. So, if you meet any of these criteria, it might help your application.

But keep in mind, that the immigration officer has the final say, and he alone decides whether to issue you a study permit or not.

Good luck.

raj86 said:
@roy100
In my case my father is my sponsor and yes he has enuf money in his bank account to show that he can cover my tution fee n other expenses.... but he is retired rite now, u think this gonna be a cause any negative impact?

I don't have any property on my name either, but my father has got some.... 2ndly i can easily arrange an offer letter from the company for which i am currently employed...

ishaq_bht

May 29, 2009
My son has been given admission in Thompson Rivers University British columbia Canada.Now he needs
student visa to move to canada for study.A bankloan has also been sanctioned to him in this regard.
further what he has to do for getting the visa
Good luck...

roy100

Mar 10, 2009
the general rule of thumb is that you need to show liquid fund (cash/bonds) to cover 1st year tuition (cost of the program) and living (~ 10,000 CAD) and the rest of the years can be shown by other assets such as loan/house/etc. However, If you have sufficient funds to cover all your years of education, that is even better.

raj86 said:
roy100

can you please advice how much funds should i show in my fathers bank account?

roy100

Mar 10, 2009
Depending on the citizenship of your country, there are quite a few requirements including a medical test.

please read the Canadian consulate website of your country to get full-details.

ishaq_bht said:
My son has been given admission in Thompson Rivers University British columbia Canada.Now he needs
student visa to move to canada for study.A bankloan has also been sanctioned to him in this regard.
further what he has to do for getting the visa
Good luck...