+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Funding Documents

vsavarikar

May 24, 2011
Greetings
I am a Indian national and have got admission at a canadian University ,in PhD in Organizational behavior and HR with scholarship of $22000 per annum . I have following questions regarding visa documentation. kindly help :

1) My per annum fees is $5661. As I have received scholarship , I don’t want to take educational loan. I wanted to know that whether my husaband (woking with a reputed Indian company) and my father in law (retired Govt officer ) jointly sponsor me.Apart from scholarship How much funding do I need to show?

2) Can I show savings in form of FD’s (from my father in law) and bank statement of salary (savings )account from my husband. I understand that I have to show a notarized affidavit for sponsorship so should it be a joint affidavit or both have to provide different affidavit.

3) My Univesity has waived IELTS requirement , as I have my masters degree from UK university (2004-2005). I have unconditional offer letter . Do I still need to give IELTS ?

Duration of PhD is 4 yrs, Sep 2011- 2015 however my passport expires on July 2014, Will it have a bearing on my prospects of getting student visa ?

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Hi there,
I am in same boat as u, just the difference is that: I am waiting for university admission conformation with expected fundings. Also I applied for PhD in computing and did Mphil from UK. I can a couple of ur queries:

1) Does university letter indicated that u dont need to pay fees and the fundings is on the top of that? If not just deduct the amount you getting and show the rest one
2)About IELTS, you dont required for visa purpose
My passport also going to get expire in may next year and I am in plan to renew before I send it for visa.

Hope this may help and also some senior person will help you. My original file is for PR and I am waiting for next step, So I dont have much experience here

vsavarikar

May 24, 2011
Hi Kavya

I too thought that I wont require IELTS but all the websites say that it is strongly recommended, I wanted to know that whether not taking IELTS will diminish my chances getting visa?

Illayaraja

May 25, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
If u are going to apply under spp

1)IELTS is a requirement for SPP Minimum 6 Bands.
2)For funding it is better to show bank loan, as the study permit under spp is processed in 2 weeks. But under general category you can show any other document like a/c. ..etc

Hope this helps...

Go Green, Save trees

Srini2010

Aug 24, 2010
Congrats vsavarikar!

You can show upto two sponsors. Your husband and FIL will do.
For the living expenses you can show the following savings:
1. FDs.
2. Post Office Savings.
3. PPF (only the amount that you can withdraw unconditionally...you need to get a letter form the back)
4. Income through rent \ agriculture \ job (your husband and FIL).

vugupta

Apr 7, 2012
i am from india want to do mengg course based progm...want to when applying to any university do we require bank balance or balance is required after university accepts our application....

another thing is how much bank balance is required i.e of one yr or two yr..and duration of which it was in our account

plz guide