+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa for Canada but currently unemployed

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
In My Opinion, your previous Masters and that of your recent intended Masters are totally different which could be a course/program mismatch

But, you can still use your 7yrs work experience as a powerful weapon because the VOs are looking for either a student go for a program that matches/relates with their previous studies or their work experience

SOP is a bridge between getting accepted or refused because it relates your thoughts on your behalf to the VOs.. so, trying to start constructing a really good SOP with an actual and good convincing fact about while going for a management course instead of engineering

State your points with brevity and make you paint a very clear picture for the VO to buy into your reasons for switching fields
Hey John,

I have been unemployed for more than a year now, and I'm planning to study in Canada. Would that be a factor for refusal?

In my gap year, I enrolled in an online program (hoping to finish it Jan2020) and am currently reviewing for the CFA level 1 exam. What do you think are my chances of refusal on the grounds of unemployment? I'm a CPA, pursuing the CFA charter and a post-grad business management course in Canada.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey John,

I have been unemployed for more than a year now, and I'm planning to study in Canada. Would that be a factor for refusal?

In my gap year, I enrolled in an online program (hoping to finish it Jan2020) and am currently reviewing for the CFA level 1 exam. What do you think are my chances of refusal on the grounds of unemployment? I'm a CPA, pursuing the CFA charter and a post-grad business management course in Canada.
If you can account for those period you stayed unemployed with tangible reasons and evidence, and as well showing/having a solid financial standing especially that which can sufficiently cover your tuition fees and living expenses. Then you may have an improved chances.

Ylover207

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hey! I was in a similar situation as yours, I had a 8 years gap between the time I completed my bachelors and application for the Canadian student visa. I remember making a strong SOP showing strong ties to my home country and wanting to utilize the skills from my course to advance my career back home. My visa was promptly approved!

Hello
Plz can you share your sop ?
As I am un the same situation plz

Ylover207

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hey! I was in a similar situation as yours, I had a 8 years gap between the time I completed my bachelors and application for the Canadian student visa. I remember making a strong SOP showing strong ties to my home country and wanting to utilize the skills from my course to advance my career back home. My visa was promptly approved!
Hello
Can plz share your sop
As I am in same situation plz