Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
24-08-2011
Hi.. Am from India... I have been awarded a graduate students stipned ($ 1583.33/month) for a period of three years.. fro doing my PHD..My term will be starting on 1 Sept 2011.....
The problem is that I don't have much other financial documents to show, means that my family wont be able to sponsor me... Kindly suggest some options to go for.....

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
rohiniagivale said:
Hi.. Am from India... I have been awarded a graduate students stipned ($ 1583.33/month) for a period of three years.. fro doing my PHD..My term will be starting on 1 Sept 2011.....
The problem is that I don't have much other financial documents to show, means that my family wont be able to sponsor me... Kindly suggest some options to go for.....
Hey Congrats on your Admission and funding. Well funding from the college to you is a big positive while applying for visa. But i fear that,only Financial assistance from the college will not be enough. Since the visa officer will check about your home ties, financial situation etc. So if you can get a educational loan, then he will be convinced that you have the require financial support. And also they are of the impression that when you get a educational loan the chances of you coming back to india are more. So it will boost your chances of getting your visa.

Btw which university or collge you are admitted? Since i am also from India wasin a similar situation like you. 8) :)

rohiniagivale

Jul 1, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
24-08-2011
Thnx for the replyy...
Its University of Saskatchewan...
I did have applied for an educational loan for SBI but its taking helll lots of time...
I have applied for a loan around 7.4, its just to suffice my tuition fees and staying expenses in case of emergencies. Do, you think this much amount will suffice or convince the visa officer?
My tuition comes around $ 4963.5 per year for 3 years.....

I do have some land document on my name , should I too attach the same?????

Btw which university u got admitted too???

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
rohiniagivale said:
Thnx for the replyy...
Its University of Saskatchewan...
I did have applied for an educational loan for SBI but its taking helll lots of time...
I have applied for a loan around 7.4, its just to suffice my tuition fees and staying expenses in case of emergencies. Do, you think this much amount will suffice or convince the visa officer?
My tuition comes around $ 4963.5 per year for 3 years.....

I do have some land document on my name , should I too attach the same?????

Btw which university u got admitted too???
7.4 lakhs is Approximately 16000 CAD .....And your entire program for 3 years costs Within 15000 CAD......In addition to this you have University Sponsored funding as well and while you applying for visa you need to show enough financial proof for tthe 1st year alone.......So i think its more than enough.......... So when you prepare your SOP do mention the details of funding you are gonna get.

Banks are always like that.....It's a long and hectic process.... :-X...But they will surely give you..since the government is encouraging to provide lot of loans to genuine students. And dont worry , the CHC Delhi is very fast these days....So you will get Your Visa soon. All the best.

I got Admission in University of Western Ontario

rohiniagivale

Jul 1, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
24-08-2011
How much time the visa processing requires??? I am already through my medicals also.... Its the delay in the processing thts is raising my anxiety level.... I dnt know till when they will sanction my loan, its already has been 15 days.. hope to get it by next 5 working day....... Till when can apply for the Visa max???
And please also help me to list down the documents I will be needing to submit with the visa application..

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
rohiniagivale said:
How much time the visa processing requires??? I am already through my medicals also.... Its the delay in the processing thts is raising my anxiety level.... I dnt know till when they will sanction my loan, its already has been 15 days.. hope to get it by next 5 working day....... Till when can apply for the Visa max???
And please also help me to list down the documents I will be needing to submit with the visa application..
Visa processing time differs from case to case. But now a days they are very fast. Avg time taken is 6 days from the day of submission, but sometimes they may process it very quickly say 2-3 days also. So nothing to worry about. Since you have done your Pre- Medicals,Once you apply you just have to await their decision,so its an advantage. Officially they will accept applications till Aug 15th,if you are applying through VFS then Aug 1st is the deadline. But i suggest you to apply by the 3rd week of July (Maximum) to be on the safe side.

And What info do you need to know about the documents?

rohiniagivale

Jul 1, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
24-08-2011
According to VFS site there are some forms i need to fill and then submit
Is there any thing else i need to submit it with my application like covering letter or SOP
Its like they haven't mentioned anything like that on the site..... I dont have any idea regarding it.......Do we have to attached???? Do you have any copy of that.....

Except of the forms mention on the VFS site what else should i attach with my application to make my application strong???

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohiniagivale said:
Hi Rohini,

You need to show funding for your first year tuition and living expenses. The formula is: First Year Tuition Fees + First Year Living Expenses + Return Airfare.

Visa Officers take the tuition fees and living expense cost from your admission offer letter.

You have said in your last comment that your tuition fees/year is 5000 CAD. Let's take the living cost/year at 11,000 CAD (actual figures in your offer letter) and 2000 CAD for airfare.

You need to show a funding (scholarship, FD, study loan etc) of 5000 + 11000 + 2000 =18,000 CAD.

You already have a scholarship of 1583.33*12= 19,000 CAD.

This means you do not need to take a loan, or show any additional funding.

I also attended a seminar few months back that happened in New Delhi. The speakers were Visa Officer who grant Study Visa in New Delhi CHC.

In that seminar a person asked this question, that is he has a grant that covers tuition fees and living expense, then does he needs to show any funding.

The VO answer was NO, and you only need to attach the scholarship documents, and mention that in a separate note (SOP).

GS

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
rohiniagivale said:
According to VFS site there are some forms i need to fill and then submit
Is there any thing else i need to submit it with my application like covering letter or SOP
Its like they haven't mentioned anything like that on the site..... I dont have any idea regarding it.......Do we have to attached???? Do you have any copy of that.....

Except of the forms mention on the VFS site what else should i attach with my application to make my application strong???
I think you should submit your VFS application form....A sop is strongly recommended. It's similar like your Letter of Intent, why you wanna go to Canada, Why you chose the particular university etc etc.......Give me your mail id,if i have a sample SOP will send ya........

W

wasishah

@ Derock

Please elborate it clearly...... 7.4 lakhs is Approximately 16000 CAD

CAD$16000 x CAD$86= Rs. 1,376,000/- (13 lakes 76 thousand)

while

CAD$8604.65 x CAD$86= Rs. 740,000/- ( 7 lakes 40 thousand)

i don't know how you said that, 7.4 lakhs is Approximately 16000 CAD

7.4 lakhs in which currency..........

shrikaar

Jul 9, 2011
hi guys I got admitted to trent univ for my masters with a funding of 18000$ per year. can I apply for a study permit without an education loan ??
How about the acceptance of credila education loan..??

W

wasishah

Dear fan,

I think for strong ties for residential place....
You may show your property documents (your personal and fixed assets)
Your current employment status
Your families ties in canada or residential place (give proof)
Loan is also prefferable

What do you mean by 18000$ per year. If it is about a scholarship.
Can it will cover your tution fees, living, transportation and accomodation charges then you will not show loan.... other wise funding will not cover your all expenses then show loans for strong ties........ that you will leave canada and comes to your residential place for recovery of loan. Hope, in this way you will grant a study permit....

rohiniagivale

Jul 1, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
24-08-2011
Thnx GS_Stud....
Do you have any format for SOP and covering letter??

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
wasishah said:
@ Derock

Please elborate it clearly...... 7.4 lakhs is Approximately 16000 CAD

CAD$16000 x CAD$86= Rs. 1,376,000/- (13 lakes 76 thousand)

while

CAD$8604.65 x CAD$86= Rs. 740,000/- ( 7 lakes 40 thousand)

i don't know how you said that, 7.4 lakhs is Approximately 16000 CAD

7.4 lakhs in which currency..........
7.4 lakhs in Indian Currency dude.....