+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Approved By Embassy - Question

ahmedj83

Aug 20, 2008
Hi guys,

I received my passport this morning and the letter from the canadian embassy. My application was approved. however in the letter they have mentioned this

" Your study permit will be issued for specific period only. The fact that you may wish to remain as a visitor for a further period should be brought to the attention of the examining officer at the canadian port of entry"

my concern is , which fact they are talking about ? how can i stay there as a visitor after my studies ??
am i missing something here....please advice.

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
Hi,

I guess this might be a "reminder" that if you want to stay in Canada after your studies you have to change your status. Unless you stated that you do want to stay after you get your degree, I can't think of any other reason. I will not worry about it.

Regards.

ahmedj83

Aug 20, 2008
last year i have applied for FSW immigration and it was rejected because of the new ministerial rules. in the student application form i told them honestly that i have applied for immigration and was not successful, do you think that this might be the reason for that statement??

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
That makes sense! I am pretty sure that might be the reason. Like I said, I will not worry about it. They might ask you about this when you arrive to Canada.

Regards.