+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa after refusal of trv

deepkaur95

Jan 17, 2019
please let me know

i got my refusal for canada tourist visa week ago .. can i apply for student visa now for september intake ??
i have valid visa of nz also..

there will be chances of my refusal for student visa ?? because of my trv refusal

Lufees

Oct 10, 2017
Firstly your nz visa doesn't add any credibility unless you have traveled on it.
Also what waa the reason of your rejection to the tourist visa ? Its no use applying for a student visa if the same problem is going to be there with your student visa application.

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
please let me know

i got my refusal for canada tourist visa week ago .. can i apply for student visa now for september intake ??
i have valid visa of nz also..

there will be chances of my refusal for student visa ?? because of my trv refusal
You will have to mention that you got rejected for the Canadian visitor visa. You have to explain in the form why you were rejected. It will have an effect but if you write a good SOP with clear reasons why you want to study in Canada then it should outweigh that. You NZ visa can act as proof of travel history if you have traveled on that visa.

deepkaur95

Jan 17, 2019
You will have to mention that you got rejected for the Canadian visitor visa. You have to explain in the form why you were rejected. It will have an effect but if you write a good SOP with clear reasons why you want to study in Canada then it should outweigh that. You NZ visa can act as proof of travel history if you have traveled on that visa.
yes i completed my stdy in nz and now this is the open work permit of nz

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

deepkaur95

Jan 17, 2019
Firstly your nz visa doesn't add any credibility unless you have traveled on it.
Also what waa the reason of your rejection to the tourist visa ? Its no use applying for a student visa if the same problem is going to be there with your student visa application.
Grounds for refusal:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

deepkaur95

Jan 17, 2019
reason for refusal

Grounds for refusal:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
yes i completed my stdy in nz and now this is the open work permit of nz
What do you mean by this is the open work permit of NZ ? are you currently on open work permit in NZ. Also the reason that you have given will apply to student visa as well. Unless you address why you were given this rejection then you won't get the visa.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
reason for refusal

Grounds for refusal:

It is usually difficult to get a TRV or Study permit if you apply from outside of your home country. You will have to show very strong ties to your home country. If you apply again as a student visa it will look as if you are desperate to come to Canada.