+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student plus spouse extension

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Using the same account, I applied for both PGWP and SOWP. I recently found out that my spouse's SOWP extension was refused. My husband and I are in this place with implied status. Can a spouse work under implied status or does he or she have to quit? I recently got a job offer, but I haven't received my first pay stub yet. Since my PG&P decision has still not been received, what should I do in this instance to maintain my husband's and children's status in Canada?
Does your spouse still have a valid SOWP? If expired, then spouse cannot work until SOWP is approved. If SOWP work permit is expired then out of status and must maintain status as visitor or apply for SOWP with your pay stub. So restore status to worker and apply for SOWP. Add paystubs later. When did your children’s status expire?

Gsha

May 7, 2024
His SOWP expired, and he is currently in an implied status similar to mine, valid through August, while I wait for my permit. My children permit expired too. I may obtain my first pay stub this coming week and I have the offer letter. What should I do in this situation? Given that my PGWP status has not yet been decided, may I reapply for the SOWP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
His SOWP expired, and he is currently in an implied status similar to mine, valid through August, while I wait for my permit. My children permit expired too. I may obtain my first pay stub this coming week and I have the offer letter. What should I do in this situation? Given that my PGWP status has not yet been decided, may I reapply for the SOWP?
How is he on implied status if extension was refused? So his SOWP is valid until August and had applied for extension well in advance? If his SOWP has expired and extension was refused he is out of status. You really need a pay stub for him to reapply for SOWP.

Gsha

May 7, 2024
How is he on implied status if extension was refused? So his SOWP is valid until August and had applied for extension well in advance? If his SOWP has expired and extension was refused he is out of status. You really need a pay stub for him to reapply for SOWP.

Gsha

May 7, 2024
Implied status was received when we apply for PGWP and Sowp extension and we got that extension till the August while the decision was made.

Gsha

May 7, 2024
Canada (in Carelay 25,29 een every migralion, Relugees and Gilizensh

February 25, 2024

- (vyyy/mm/dd).

Plu are auin ized to ettinue working under the same Condions as your original work petat

until August 22, 2024

or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.

You must continue to respect all employer, occupation and location conditions and restrictions listed on your present work permit until a decision is made on your application.

Retuge Prote con Regulatons) unt a de sion ts made, I youleave Canada beore a dectsion

is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Implied status was received when we apply for PGWP and Sowp extension and we got that extension till the August while the decision was made.
Confused, you said that his SOWP extension was refused in a previous post so he would be out of status when the decision was made. So on February 25 you received notice that he had implied status until decision was made and now decision was made and it was refused.

Gsha

May 7, 2024
Confused, you said that his SOWP extension was refused in a previous post so he would be out of status when the decision was made.

February 25, 2024

- (vyyy/mm/dd).

Plu are auin ized to ettinue working under the same Condions as your original work petat

until August 22, 2024

You must continue to respect all employer, occupation and location conditions and restrictions listed on your present work permit until a decision is made on your application.

Retuge Prote con Regulatons) unt a de sion ts made, I youleave Canada beore a dectsion

is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

February 25, 2024

- (vyyy/mm/dd).

until August 22, 2024

So on February 25 you received notice that he had implied status until decision was made and now decision was made and it was refused, correct? So if decision was refusal, he cannot work. When did he get refusal?

Gsha

May 7, 2024

February 25, 2024

- (vyyy/mm/dd).

until August 22, 2024

[/QUOTE
So on February 25 you received notice that he had implied status until decision was made and now decision was made and it was refused, correct? So if decision was refusal, he cannot work.
ok. So is he able to be here
So on February 25 you received notice that he had implied status until decision was made and now decision was made and it was refused, correct? So if decision was refusal, he cannot work. When did he get refusal?
He got refusal today. Can he stay here till I reapply, or is there any way to ensure that he maintains his status?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ok. So is he able to be here

He got refusal today. Can he stay here till I reapply, or is there any way to ensure that he maintains his status?
He is out of status and cannot work until his SOWP is approved. If he is reapplying for SOWP then pay the fees to maintain status of worker and reapply for SOWP with your job letter and at least one pay stub. Then add another 2 payslips by webform.

Gsha

May 7, 2024

February 25, 2024

- (vyyy/mm/dd).

until August 22, 2024

[/QUOTE
So on February 25 you received notice that he had implied status until decision was made and now decision was made and it was refused, correct? So if decision was refusal, he cannot work.
He is out of status and cannot work until his SOWP is approved. If he is reapplying for SOWP then pay the fees to maintain status of worker and reapply for SOWP with your job letter and at least one pay stub. Then add another 2 payslips by webform.
so you mean that, i should apply the restoration and reapply the sowp?