+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student plus spouse extension

syed772

Mar 14, 2024
Guys, anybody who has applied for study permit extension with spousal open work permit extension? I applied on dec29,2023 - still waiting. Did anybody receive?

Reactions: Ocram

syed772

Mar 14, 2024
Not sure what's happening. Students who have applied without spouse received extension already. Is this normal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure what's happening. Students who have applied without spouse received extension already. Is this normal?
Large proportion of student who applied in December still haven’t heard or heard recently. It is not unusual for it to take up to 6+ months for SOWP to be processed.

Reactions: syed772

syed772

Mar 14, 2024
Do we have to extend SIN based on the temporary extension letter you get when you submit the application? Or do we wait for the formal extension letter? Can I still work in the same job with same SIN ? Same with OHIP?

Kaybeewolex22

Apr 10, 2024
Do we have to extend SIN based on the temporary extension letter you get when you submit the application? Or do we wait for the formal extension letter? Can I still work in the same job with same SIN ? Same with OHIP?
. Any Update on your application ? I applied on 12 of Dec 2023 and no update on my application

Gsha

May 7, 2024
Using the same account, I applied for both PGWP and SOWP. I recently found out that my spouse's SOWP extension was refused. My husband and I are in this place with implied status. Can a spouse work under implied status or does he or she have to quit? I recently got a job offer, but I haven't received my first pay stub yet. Since my PG&P decision has still not been received, what should I do in this instance to maintain my husband's and children's status in Canada?